check engine light >>> P0134 01/02 with P0131 02/02

:
03 MSP OJ
i read the code couple times

usually it says p0134 01/02 with p0131 02/02

after i unplug and repluged the senor in the exhaust manifold

it reads p0134 01/01(with no P0131 code) and then i recheck it says no code, recheck again it went back to p0134 01/02 with p0131 02/02

SO>>>

if its p0134 01/02 means "pre cat O2 sensor" went bad?

if its p0134 01/01 means the O2 sensor in the exhaust manifold went bad?(that code appear after i unplug and repluged the manifold O2 sensor)

Last edited:
You could see live data if you do. The first code says no activity the second says low voltage. But im sure you looked it up already. The thought that comes to my head is you have your 02 set to far back for it to detect any co2.

P0134 is bank 1 sensor 1 or the sensor in your manifold primary o2
P0131 is bank 1 sensor 2 or the sensor in your jpipe or after the first cat.

Test your sensors or buy new ones.

ok, so that means both o2 sensors need replacement?

i dont have torque app yet, i ordered my bluetooth Obd2 elm327 thingy, but thats gonna be here in 2-3 weeks.

if i buy new sensors, should i consider to get aem wideband uego?

ok, so that means both o2 sensors need replacement?

i dont have torque app yet, i ordered my bluetooth Obd2 elm327 thingy, but thats gonna be here in 2-3 weeks.

if i buy new sensors, should i consider to get aem wideband uego?

Yes, the aem will actually send out a narrow band signal for the Ecu to read allowing you to completely remove the primary o2 sensor

not really tuning, but i wanna learn XD

basicly i am renewing all OE parts atm, since they went down 1 by 1 anyway =,=

so just gonna upgrade them instead replacing.

i already orderred a Pre cat sensor from local distributor for 60 bucks+_

thats the lower sensor right and all i need is a AEM wideband uego kit to complete it?

Pre-cat would be the primary O2 sensor in the turbo manifold. I would be surprised if both sensors failed at the same time.

i hope its not the new stainless steel ebay manifold burning the sensor /wiring

i feel its much hotter compare to the OE cast iron one. i can even smell light plastic burning( certain area plastic wire strap casing thingy burns slightly)

that plastic never burns before i swap the manifolds out.:(

The first pre-cat sensor is called the Primary O2 sensor, it is the main sensor the ECU uses to run the car. The after-cat sensor is the secondary O2 sensor and it is only used to detect catalyst efficiency.

ok thanks for the info

so for OE replacement it would be

Denso 234-4721 pre cat
Denso 234-4752 after cat

if i go for AEM wideband uego, i would need to swap out the pre cat sensor?

I don't know about using a wb sensor with the stock ECU, I would just get a normal sensor and put the WB in the spare bung in the stock DP. Have you tested the sensor to make sure it isn't a wiring issue?

i am working full time, dont have day off these days. and i have no idea how to test the sensor myself, the new pre cat sensor will be here on tuesday. gonna swap out the sensor and bring the old one to nearst shop to check then.

i think i really need the turbo timer to kick in and fan the manifold down a bit. i can smell plastic burning after i open the hood after long drive.

didnt tweety2300 mentioned that aem wideband uego sent narrowband signal to ecu?

Latest posts

Back