Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: LinuxRacr's 2013 - 2014 New Build Thread...

Donated: $15

2001 Mazda MP3

After work progress:

Last night I picked up parts from Sam at Crossover (Oil supply line, and turbo gaskets).

Got the oil line installed this morning before work, but noticed the little protective rubber boot to my starter wire is missing... hmmm....

This evening after work I test-fitted the wastegate bracket only to find that it would interfere with the turbo manifold, so I did a little cutting and smoothing of the edges with my Dremmel tool. Now I'm trying to decide if I should leave it be with one screw supporting the bracket, or try to get an extension welded to the bracket that connected to at least another bolt on the compressor:

Performance Mods:[Steedspeed v2. Turbo Manifold] [Precision PTE CEA 5130 Turbo] [Pope 3-inch Downpipe] [Molnar Forged Rods] [Wiseco Forged Pistons (9.1:1)] [NSN Motorsports Thermal Intake Manifold Spacer] [Haltech E6X Stand Alone] [Haltech Boost Controller] [2007 WRX 565cc Dark Blue Injectors] [AEM UEGO 30-4100 Wideband O2 Sensor] [Vibrant 3-inch TurboBack Exhaust with Custom 3-inch mid Pipe] [ ACT Z66-XTSS Clutch] [Fidanza Flywheel] [Synapse Synchronic BOV] [AWR Motor Mounts] [PWR High Performance Radiator PWR1306] [Mazdaspeed Oil Cooler ] [Tein SS Coilover Suspension ] Other Mods: [Intel Atom-based Touchscreen Car PC] [Defi D-Series Boost Gauge] [Nordskog Digital Fuel and Oil Pressure Gauges] [Dave B. Brushed Aluminum Gauge Rings]
    The things we own will eventually end up owning us one way or another....

2001 Mazda MP3

Intake manifold is on. Almost there......

Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Midnight P5 '02

I would be wary of doing the one bolt bracket. Even though it doesn't seem like much, that spring has quite a bit of pressure. It will definetly make it less accurate due to flexing. The bracket is moulded bent like that and if you take away mounting it negates the strength of the piece.

I used the T25 bracket with the one hole bolted and the other bolt on the turbo housing replaced with a longer one and add a large washer to sandwich the other part of the bracket that doesn't reach
    GT3071R Dual BB 64a/r Steedspeed Mani SpeedCircuit block Arias 8.5:1 Pauter Rods Stage 1 Head AWR oil pan PAR 1-4 Straightcut gearset Haltech F10A J&S Safeguard w Knock Gauge AEM WB Autometer Boost EGT Gauges CS Radiator Walbro GSS342 Fuel Pump Perrin Fuel Rail JoeP FCD Denso Forester 730cc Injectors MSP LSD welded Competition Clutch Stage 5 SS clutchline & brake lines Pope 3" Dp My Custom 3" Boost Activated Cutout Polished Gauge rings Polished Door Sills B&M SS 16oz SS shiftknob Magnacore wires 4awg ground kit Nex Full Coilovers Racing Beat rear sway AWR endlinks DIY Mounts Bronzoil Bushings Redline shiftboot e-brake boot Rota P1 Black 18x8 Yoko S Drives 215/35/18 Sony headunit Sony 1000w 2ch Kenwood 550w 4ch Sony 12" Infinity Reference doors PA 2 farad cap

2001 Mazda MP3

Care to PM me a picture?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2001 Mazda MP3

I put the assembly together last night for test-fitting this morning:

This morning during test-fitting I ran into a little snag: The wastegate won't fit!

I am working on solutions, one of which I may already have in my possession.
    Last edited by LinuxRacr; 02-21-2014 at 02:51 PM.

Here you go

2001 Mazda MP3

Do you have this picture zoomed out? I think I understand. Your bracket is smaller, since it was for the stock MSP turbo, therefore you didn't have the clearance issues I did?
    Last edited by LinuxRacr; 02-23-2014 at 11:20 AM.

2001 Mazda MP3

Problems solved this weekend...

This weekend I was able to traverse two big roadblocks in my build:

1. Fitment of the wastegate actuator:

I found a solution to the wastegate clearance problem. I rotated the coolant hose clamp up and also bent the tube up slightly.

2. Oil return Line:

The turbo is only slightly higher than the MSP oil return block. I had to use a 90 degree -10 AN adaptor to the steel-braided hose. I still need to put a clamp on the bottom of the hose, and an e-clamp on the wastegate actuator rod.

2001 Mazda MP3

TurboLife FMIC Installation begins....

2001 Mazda MP3

Tonight I started making preparations for the TurboLife FMIC. I moved the power steering cooling loop behind the vertical bracket. I also wrapped sections of the loop that I thought would rub with protection.

Here I'm test-fitting the hot pipe to see where the best place is to cut with my 3-inch hole saw:

The first cut for the hot-pipe route has been cut. I still have to smooth out the hole, and install a grommet.

Does anyone have any tips for doing the other side? I forsee challenges with the A/C/ dryer canister.....

Registered Member CR3 Motorsports's Avatar

You can slightly move it. Or you could get new piping made if you really wanted too. I have a similar route, but I deleted the A/C components. Also put some rubber around the hole so the pipe doesnt bang around when driving.

BUILT, NEED MORE PSI! protege3690's Avatar

2003.5 MSP #290

like CR3 said, the dryer gets moved over slightly in the original instructions for install. and the lines also get moved.
    Engine: K1 Long Rods, Wiseco Pistons, 8.8:1 Comp. ARP Main & Head Studs, Head P&P, 5 Angle Valve Job Rebuilt w/OEM Vlaves and Seals, Turbolife Front Mount Intercooler, Injen SRI, AWR Motor Mounts All Around, SS Oil Feed Line, Garrett T25 Turbo, CR3 Air Divertor Panel, CR3 Valve Cover Hardware Kit, Prosport Evo Series Boost Gauge, TWM Short Shifter, Corksport Exhaust Hangers, Vibrant Silicone Hoses, BoostScience Diverter Valve, Perrin 3in Catless Exhuast
    Transmission: Welded LSD, Spec Stage2+ Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Corksport Bronze-Oil Shifter Bushings, Corksport SS Clutch Line, TWM Shifter Bushing
    Suspension/Wheels: Tein S-Tech Springs, Tokico Blues, KMR Tuning V-Brace, KMR Tuning 4-Point Ladder Brace, GT Spec Trailing Arms, GT Spec Rear Strut Bar, Carbing Front Strut Bar, Camber Bolts, Megan Racing Adjustable Lateral Links, Enkei Evo 8 Wheels 17x8 Offset 38 w/215/45R17 Hankook Ventus V4 ES Tires

2001 Mazda MP3

I've noticed that the dryer lines in my MP3 connect differently than in the MSP due to the dimensions of the MSP condenser. Here is what I'm referring to:

2001 Mazda MP3

Was able to cut both holes, and moved the A/C dryer lines down as well:

I ended screwing it into the frame with a metal screw just blow the original location:

Oh, and the FMIC is now mounted!!!

Last edited by LinuxRacr; 03-23-2014 at 12:00 AM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast