Chrome parts black?

Nick3434

:
2014 cx5
I saw a Mazda on the road and all the exterior embleming (Mazda symbols, CX-5, chrome around grill etc.) was not chrome but black. I think that would look sick on my white pearl cx5 especially with dark tint and black trim. I would also like to paint my rims black but I don't want to mess with anything factory that will look like crap in 5 years. So do companies do this? do people just pull it all off and paint it? If I did it I would want it to last.

A lot of people use the cheap way and "plastidip" them. It's a texture paint that is very easily removable. Google "plastidip" it's a name brand, comes in spray version or paint liquid version.

But plastidip will look like crap in less than 5 years. I saw a car the other day with peeling plastidip all over the car. Rims, door handles, trim. Looked horrible and i certainly would rather pull my rims once and powder coat them than plastidip them yearly.

Last edited:
Yeah, not the rims(I agree). Really just the Mazda symbols front an back and CX-5 badge is all.. I am thinking it was plasti dipped though...I would rather leave it stock.

Lots of shops do it properly. There's a customs place in my city called 360 that will sand blast then paint them so they're autobody quality
Same as the wheels, lots of places professionally refinish rims

Back