Tpms?

tvanryn

:
2014 Mazda 6 Sport
I'm getting conflicting information so I'm asking those of you who have changed your wheels: does the 2014 6 have TPMS sensors in the wheels, or is it an ABS integrated system?

Thanks!

what's ITPMS? indirect? thats why theres a reset TPMS button on the left side of steering column

ITPMS is Integrated Tire Pressure Monitoring System. It just means it's integrated into the ABS system and compares the wheel speeds to identify if tire pressure is not correct in one or more tires. No sensors to worry about!

I am having problems with mine. The indicator comes on after 20-30 miles. I have reduced the psi in 1 tyre and after much testing,if I have 2 psi less in one tyre on the front of the car the indicator will stay off.

Can someone tell me were the sensors are on the hub as it must be miss reading.
Any help out there??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just found this::::Mazda6 vehicles with VINs lower than JM1 GJ ****** 160470 (produced before November 21, 2013)After many months and 5 dealer trips, a case opened with Mazda, and threats over invoking the lemon law, my TPMS issues were resolved with the replacement of the DSC/HU unit that controls the TPMS stuff. My TPMS exhibited similar symptoms ever since delivery. Essentially the issue was the DSC/HU refusing to accept the "learned" information and reporting the TPMS light to indicate its refusal to learn. As most normal owners would, I checked pressure and reset using the button. Apparently, the button erases any and all diagnostic log information so if your problem continues, DON'T touch the button... take it to a dealer with the light on.Apparently there are general problems with some of these DSC/HU units, as there is a TSB on a similar subject that resolves with a replacement unit. It is TSB 02-001/14.

TPMS false alarms?

I am having problems with mine. The indicator comes on after 20-30 miles. I have reduced the psi in 1 tyre and after much testing,if I have 2 psi less in one tyre on the front of the car the indicator will stay off.

Can someone tell me were the sensors are on the hub as it must be miss reading.
Any help out there??

This is too bizarre even for me. I am on my second Mazda6 Touring. The last one - a 2014 - would suffer false alarms from the TPMS in extremely cold weather. Ok, perhaps THAT is not all that bizarre. But here is what is... I got my 2016 Mazda6 a month ago. We've had unusually warm weather for December here in the northeast. This week it finally started to get downright cold. Temps this morning in the single digits. I am driving to work this morning and the TPMS in my one month old car goes off in the EXACT same spot in my commute as where it went off more than once in my 2014! I started asking myself if the thing is set to go off after a certain number of miles at certain temperatures. It's just TOO coincidental that TWO different cars would get false alarms in the exact same spot about 40 minutes into my commute.

Any thoughts? Or is my dealer selling cars come from the Twilight Zone?

Back