RS*R Suspension pricing direct from Japan

tvanryn

:
2014 Mazda 6 Sport
I sent an inquiry to RS*R regarding their springs and coils for the GJ M6. Here is their response:

Thank you for your inquiry and interest in the RS*R suspension line.

Unfortunately we do not have that item in stock at our USA office and will have to be a special order from Japan.

Pricing is as follows:

DownSUS lowering spring(M550D): $279.00

Ti2000 DownSUS lowering Spring(M550TD): $369.00

Sports*i coilovers(BIM550M): $1,799.00

There are 2 options available for shipping. You are able to order them and we ship them over in a container ship which takes approximately 6 - 8 weeks, After the order arrives at our Santa Ana CA office, We will ship the order to you, Shipping costs vary in the continental USA up to $90.00 depending on your location for coilovers VIA Fedex Ground.

Option #2 is we are able to ship your order directly from our office in Japan to you VIA air freight. The cost for this is higher, However the rate of delivery is significantly quicker.
This option takes 7 business days or less for you to receive your order.
Cost for coilovers shipped via air freight from Japan to you - $350.00
Cost of lowering springs shipped via air freight from Japan to you - $140.00

I sent an inquiry to RS*R regarding their springs and coils for the GJ M6. Here is their response:

Thank you for your inquiry and interest in the RS*R suspension line.

Unfortunately we do not have that item in stock at our USA office and will have to be a special order from Japan.

Pricing is as follows:

DownSUS lowering spring(M550D): $279.00

Ti2000 DownSUS lowering Spring(M550TD): $369.00

Sports*i coilovers(BIM550M): $1,799.00

There are 2 options available for shipping. You are able to order them and we ship them over in a container ship which takes approximately 6 - 8 weeks, After the order arrives at our Santa Ana CA office, We will ship the order to you, Shipping costs vary in the continental USA up to $90.00 depending on your location for coilovers VIA Fedex Ground.

Option #2 is we are able to ship your order directly from our office in Japan to you VIA air freight. The cost for this is higher, However the rate of delivery is significantly quicker.
This option takes 7 business days or less for you to receive your order.
Cost for coilovers shipped via air freight from Japan to you - $350.00
Cost of lowering springs shipped via air freight from Japan to you - $140.00

Is there a major reason why you don't want H&R's, their in stock at tirerack for $260 shipped? If you're angling for coilovers that's a different story...

The H&R's have a bigger drop in back. It's minimal, but to my eyes it looks like it's drooping. I prefer a flat drop, even gaps above each tire.

space between fender and tire is the same front and back with H&R.

The drop is not bigger in the back ...

I'll take mesurement tommorow

It may just be perception, but I'm a designer and have a very sensitive eye for proportions and spacing. To me it looks like an old car with 5 kids in the back!

It may just be perception, but I'm a designer and have a very sensitive eye for proportions and spacing. To me it looks like an old car with 5 kids in the back!

HA!

For now, with whatever suspension you get, your very sensitive eyes will always see it like an old car with 5 kid's in the back !

Since you are a designer an not a mechanic, i'll explain to you why your sensitive eyes see this...

Here's the alignement sheet of my 2014 mazda 6 Gt with the H&R.

If you look down the page you will see the spec of the rear right and left camber.

Since we don't have rear adjustable camber kit yet for the 2014 M6 we can't ajust it at ALL.

So with -1.6 & -1.7 of camber on the rear suspension, it will always look like it's an old car with 5 kid's in back, until we get rear camber kit.

So your very sensitive designer eyes have fool you and made you think that if you get another suspension you wont have an old car with 5 kid's in the back.

DSC00696_zps21306bea.jpg~original

That may be the case DanSpeed6, but the RS*R shots are much more level, and their promo materials all advertise an equal 25-30mm drop, where the H&R's are advertised at 1.2" front, and 1.3" rear. Of course, the RS*R's don't state if the rear camber has been corrected or not....

Back