60K service gone poorly

:
2010 CX-7 2.3L Turbo
We bought the 2010 about 6 months ago. At the time it had 54k miles on the odo and ran like a champ. Shortly after picking it up I took it to Sears Automotive for an oil change and tire rotation however, the kid working there told me the left rear tire was cupped badly and as a result he would not rotate them. I thought no biggie I'll get the oil changed and deal with the tire later. Well a few weeks went by and I started hearing a drone type of sound coming from the rear. I just figured it was the tire and would I would get it looked at at 60k. So just yesterday I take the car to an independant shop that I have gone to for years and trust. Boy was I in for a suprise! The tires were just fine but the wheel bearings in the rear were shot, the left rear shock was blown out leaking fluid and the serpentine belt needed replacing. Long story short, I thought I needed a new tire but now I'm looking at a $2,100 repair including the 60k service. What a bummer.

Yikes!

No signs of wear and tear or noise when you test drove it? It sounds like the previous owner hit something hard enough to jack the rear end up enough to cause the bearings to go bad. So what was the total and how is it doing now?

Peace! :)

Yikes!

No signs of wear and tear or noise when you test drove it? It sounds like the previous owner hit something hard enough to jack the rear end up enough to cause the bearings to go bad. So what was the total and how is it doing now?

Peace! :)

$2100 and no sounds at all when test driving. She's driving like a champ now. No other problems and just over 67k on the clock.

UPDATE: Took her to the dealership for the 75k service. They found a collapsed motor mount!?!? I like this car but I'm quickly losing patience. I'm already spending $262 for the 75k service plus another $203 for the mount.

Relax man, #3 motor mounts and leaking shocks are all very common on 7s. You need to make sure you change the oil regularly and get the VVT actuator replaced. And don't take it to sears they are clearly incompetent.

Back