Lowered White Atenza

agproject

:
2014 Mazda 6 Touring SKYACTIVE 6spd
Figured no one has posted this yet. Pictured is the 2014 6 lowered on RSR coilover suspension. I've tried to get in touch with Mazda USA to verify parts compatibility between diesel and gasoline suspension parts. This part ref. the Skyactiv D model.

gj2fp_b_r.jpg

If you go through the main site they seem to have a standard spring set too. Pretty nice conservative even drop too.

Yes, I saw that. I personally wouldn't waste my time on the springs unless they were a much more aggressive drop than what's available. Personally a 1-1.5 in drop doesn't do it for me. The coilovers will allow a 2.7/2.5in max drop. One issue would still be the gap between the caliper and wheels. 19s look massive in comparison with the brakes. The brakes are more than enough for this car it just looks disproportional, maybe I'm used to Brembos and BBK.

I just want a nice, even drop that allows me to get up my driveway without taking out my front lip, and doesn't sag over time. A friend of mine that is on a race team did say the RS-R stuff isn't the best, but he's used to working with full race quality equipment.

I'm not sure your friend knows much about RS-R. RS-R is a premium Japanese aftermarket brand. They specialize in exhaust system. They've been competing in Motorsports for some time now, most recently in endurance racing and EV racing. Although they might not be the #1 Japanese brand, they are one of the first to release parts for our make/model, which is nice considering nobody else is. I'm unsure if the lack of parts availability is due to the vehicle in general or if it's just the slow death of aftermarket. This obviously is attributed to all the counterfeit parts sold over the years. This is why most of the larger Japanese brands don't manufacture domestically here in the states, HKS as being one example. The demand is far too low here to make it profitable. lastly if you didn't know, a majority of the coilovers come from the same place, China. They are manufactured by one place and rebranded. Although they are slight variants they are all pretty much the same. I personally rather purchase something made here in the US based on the fact that it's easily serviceable, the issue is no company is manufacturing parts for our car yet, at least not stateside. I tried contacting ProParts who has already developed a coilover kit, but have yet to get a response.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to denigrate RS-R at all, I just don't have much information about them. My buddy is used to custom built awesomesauce, so take his opinion with that understanding! Do they manufacture their own stuff in Japan? Is it possible to get their parts rebuilt here in the States? I'm talking with a guy at CKS about getting a custom set built using Swift springs, and from what I understand they'll be able to service them here in the States. We'll just have to see, it is too bad so much of the aftermarket is either gone, co-opted by China, or gone too far upmarket.

I have installed rs-r sports-I coilovers on a usdm 2015 mazda 6. they do fit and its freaking amazing! the ride comfort is still there after the car was dropped. parts are top quality.

I like that front lip too! Also, why does it look different next to the foglight toward the center of the car? Is that just a reflection?

Figured no one has posted this yet. Pictured is the 2014 6 lowered on RSR coilover suspension. I've tried to get in touch with Mazda USA to verify parts compatibility between diesel and gasoline suspension parts. This part ref. the Skyactiv D model.

gj2fp_b_r.jpg

i am new to mazda. i have a dumb question about the front tires and wheel fender. does the tire hit the fender when you turn??

Back