Radio and Traffic Announcement (TA)

gary789

:
Mazda, CX-5,2WD,Diesel/Nav/2013
I have just discovered that I cannot operate the radio's TA button and switch off the radio to listen to spoken instructions while using the TomTom sat nav. My previous car, a Toyota Avensis allowed me to use the sat nav and TA information cut in when it was broadcast. As I do not want to have the radio playing in the background while following the CX-5's sat nav, i would be grateful to hear if any member knows a way around this.

I dont get what you are saying fully, but the radios volume is seperate from the sat nav volume...you can have the radio off while only listening to the tomtom if that is your desire.

to nizzy1115. I want for the radio to "sleep" while I am following the verbal instructions on my Sat Nav. Then when the Radio issues a traffic announcement for it to "wake up" and I can hear the radio announcement. I do not want to drive with the radio sound on in the background. The Sat Nav sound is sufficient for me. Thank you for the reply.

There is no radio traffic announcement service in the US, like there is in UK. So Amurcan readers can't give you an answer.

Well since im american and dumb according the above user, i guess you can take this idea to the trash. Since the radio only keeps playing out the rear speakers when the nav speaks, you could turn off the rear speakers all together by fading your music to the front.

Thanks, nizzy1115. An interesting solution, i will try this. At present I've been keeping the radio on low while using sat nav and turning the volume up if I hear a traffic announcement in the background. Fortunately the sat nav sound volume is independent of the radio volume.

Back