Cargo Tray for 2014 Grand Touring

rstacey365

:
Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
Can anyone tell me if the OEM, Weathertech or Husky cargo liners cover the depressions on the left and right side of the cargo area next to the liftgate? I want to put in a cargo liner but I want to make sure that my golf clubs will not extend beyond the lip of the liner.

Can anyone tell me if the OEM, Weathertech or Husky cargo liners cover the depressions on the left and right side of the cargo area next to the liftgate? I want to put in a cargo liner but I want to make sure that my golf clubs will not extend beyond the lip of the liner.

the OEM cargo tray has pockets that goes over those depressions

$(KGrHqZHJBQE8+mGvRSDBPRmBPfm!w~~60_35.JPG

the oem tray is heavy soft rubber, and is competitively priced with aftermarket mats so I just went with it

OEM is sweet, i gotta have it. My Amex is getting its ass kicked this month, not to mention my first ever tuition payment.

Does anyone know what is the status of these cargo liners? I have had one on order at my dealer (it was included as part of negotiation when we bought the car) for my CX-5 since 11/25/16 and they keep telling me it is on back order because they are redesigning it due to quality issues. Does anyone else have any insight on this? Is it total BS?

Does anyone know what is the status of these cargo liners? I have had one on order at my dealer (it was included as part of negotiation when we bought the car) for my CX-5 since 11/25/16 and they keep telling me it is on back order because they are redesigning it due to quality issues. Does anyone else have any insight on this? Is it total BS?

When we picked up our new CX-5 last month the sales manager was talking about some backordered parts from Mazda and the cargo mat was on his list. That's all I know. I just checked Amazon and the part is backordered there too.

Last edited:

You can order an OEM on Ebay or other online retailers. Not sure about back order - when i got my CX5 in Sept 16 I told him to put one in, he had already installed it so it was not a problem for my dealer.

I know nothing about the back order issue since I've had mine since Aug '13 (about a week after I took delivery). But as far as quality is concerned, mine has been top notch (and I am picky!).

I am the parts manager at a Mazda dealership and also just brought home my wife's new 2016.5 CX5 GT tonight.

Mazda is in the middle of changing vendors on several accessory lines, but things are starting to normalize. CX5 all weather mats are back in stock, as are M3 AWM's. As of today, they are showing the cargo trays still on backorder, with an ETA of end of February.

Hope this helps.

I am the parts manager at a Mazda dealership and also just brought home my wife's new 2016.5 CX5 GT tonight.

Mazda is in the middle of changing vendors on several accessory lines, but things are starting to normalize. CX5 all weather mats are back in stock, as are M3 AWM's. As of today, they are showing the cargo trays still on backorder, with an ETA of end of February.

Hope this helps.

An inside man! Can you get us all discounts on Mazda parts and such? ;)

Go with the oem cargo tray. Fits great and is a quality product. I have had it on my 2014 and now 2016 CX-5's.

Go with the oem cargo tray. Fits great and is a quality product. I have had it on my 2014 and now 2016 CX-5's.

Agree 100% Boland01! (kissass)

We bought ours in March of 2012, moved it from that car to our 2015 CX-5, now we have moved it into our 2016.5 CX-5. So it has been a good investment. Same with the Cargo-Cover, and the All-Weather Mats. They will then be resold after I turn in the current lease, so it will go on to live in another CX-5. (rlaugh)

Last edited:
Back