100K service

Rhodius

Folks,

sorry if this is a repost, been searching for a while, maybe I wasn't using the right key word. So I post this.

I understood what will be involved in a 100K mile service from the service manual. I was quoted by my dealer for around $250-270+. Then when I inquired about spark plugs, he said oh, since that would be another 2 hours labor because you need to take off ... to get to the plugs, I forgot what he said, it would be another $250-260, a total of $520-540 for the 100K service.

I understand there's a variability of prices depending on where one lives. But my pet peeves is, I specifically ask about the price for a 100K service. The service manual says spark plugs to be replaced every 100K miles for any year CX-9, why would someone quotes me a price only to double it later?

There are other incompetent issues that I had with this dealer in the past, so I'm ready to go outside my area to get service. I live outside of Philadelphia, PA. My question to you is what have you spent on 100K service?

Thanks beforehand.

After reading this:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123773226-How-to-get-to-the-spark-plugs

this:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...o-replacing-spark-plugs&p=6185838#post6185838

I decided it's worth it to pay the $tealer, I mean, dealer. Assuming the job is done properly, how do I know if spark plugs have been replaced? In the past replacing engine air filter gives a bit of easy pickup, so not sure combined with spark plugs replacements, would that be significantly more noticeable?

The last 10 years, none of my cars have ever need spark plugs replacement, never driven above and beyond 70 or 100K mile, so I "forgot" the feeling of getting those replaced.

Thanks again beforehand.

I have no problem paying for the new spark plugs for $250.
What about the other $250? What do they do?

In general, XXXK service is not a good deal.
Mazda do not recommend such package services. Not in OM anyway.
Owners should itemize the services they see fit for their driving styles.
It is usually much cheaper than going for the 30K/60K services.
Usually these do not even include transmission fluid change. How about differential fluid?
Coolant and brake fluid are good idea to change also at 100K.
What are included in their 100K service package?

For me:
oil change: 5K
transmission fluid: 15K
differential fluid (AWD): 30K
coolean/brake: 100K
spark plugs: 100K
cabin air filter: 10K
engine air: K&N - clean-n-oil every 15K
Battery: 4 yrs

I also use free full-circle check coupon often.

Last edited:
Back