Lowered CX-5 Appreciation: Show me your drop!

TampaMS3

:
2016 CX-5 Grand Touring
Please include which brand used to lower your car.If you feel like bashing any of these people here, please do everyone a favor and exit out of this thread now.
Thanks.

gdx2.jpg

Last edited:
Funny, my stock suspension seems to work just fine. Mazda has put a lot more engineering into the suspension than an aftermarket company. There is no reason to change anything on the car because Mazda already created the optimal setup.

lel j/k (inside joke)

H&R Sport Springs. I think I paid 249 or something like that at THMOTORSPORTS early this year.

Last edited:
Looks good ChrisTopHer. Now that you've put a few miles on the setup, what's your observations on ride quality/handling?

Looks good ChrisTopHer. Now that you've put a few miles on the setup, what's your observations on ride quality/handling?
Handling is improved a lot (wider wheels too). I can take high-speed turns without decelerating, and maintain traction while accelerating through them, 80+. Or another example is at a multi-lane intersection, I can easily turn left while accelerating at a speed at which other cars are usually cutting into the inside (left turn again) lane, enough to block them. It's kind of hard to describe without "track" numbers I guess. Stock dampers are holding up well; at least 18k on them since my car was lowered. I have a slight "wheel hop" while accelerating hard in a turn from low speeds, usually if the road I'm on is garbage, but again that's not really "normal" driving, and if adjustable tie-rods become available cheaply state side I would probably use them (currently only offered as JDM). Until then it's not even remotely a real issue.
I know others have lowered.. add your car here!

Handling is improved a lot (wider wheels too). I can take high-speed turns without decelerating, and maintain traction while accelerating through them, 80+. Or another example is at a multi-lane intersection, I can easily turn left while accelerating at a speed at which other cars are usually cutting into the inside (left turn again) lane, enough to block them. It's kind of hard to describe without "track" numbers I guess. Stock dampers are holding up well; at least 18k on them since my car was lowered. I have a slight "wheel hop" while accelerating hard in a turn from low speeds, usually if the road I'm on is garbage, but again that's not really "normal" driving, and if adjustable tie-rods become available cheaply state side I would probably use them (currently only offered as JDM). Until then it's not even remotely a real issue.
I know others have lowered.. add your car here!
How are your tires wearing?

How are your tires wearing?
Still "green" after about 20k and hard driving. I've rotated the tires twice, well swapped left front with left rear. I can only swap sides if I were to remount the tire.

No more lowered CX-5s, what happened?

Chris, with your drop since it's so low I can't tell the difference from a 2014 3 series.

No more lowered CX-5s, what happened?

Chris, with your drop since it's so low I can't tell the difference from a 2014 3 series.

Lol. Honestly I am considering getting coil overs when I get some extra dough. I would love to go lower, but not be stuck at that height if I really needed to lift for some reason. Also, I have my stock (19") tires on atm because one of my wheels was slightly bent. I will take a picture so people can see a stock wheel CX-5 lowered (IMO it looks bad without wheel spacers, however I also have mudguards so it adds to the wheels pushed in look). I ended up buying new tires because I had 3 with patches, and the day after I got a tire patched a razor got stuck in one. Unfortuantely, my neighborhood has had various contrction for the last 2 years (5 houses on my street) and major highway construction along my commute to work. I just decided to get new tires because I didn't want to be driving on a bunch of patched tires or mixing new tires with 25k tires ( I kept two as spares). I got these Toyo Proxes ST II, 20/255/45 $680 for a set of four. They are an improvement over my older proxes (they are actually slightly taller b/c of new tread design but better mpg).

pic of stock suspension CX-5[IMG]
[/B]

[B]No drop yet[/B]. Looking for 1" drop to accompany the 19" rims/tire.

Damm it Eibach, bring the pro-kit state side![/QUOTE]

"Lowered CX-5 Appreciation Show me your drop!"

Wut.

What did you hit to bend a rim?

Brushed a curb at a narrow staggered intersection on base. Hapend about 8 months ago but never noticed it was bent until new tires vibrated and would not balance. Could only tell it was bent on the roadforce (cant see it jnless its spinning)

Added Picture non lowered to original post, also what lower will look like with stock 19" wheel/tire

Last edited:
That doesn't look bad with stock wheels but I agree on the coilovers. I found these for just under a grand but it does not say how much it will drop, though it does looks aggressive.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Update: Just heard back from seller and they said up to a 4" drop but he wasn't 100% sure.

Last edited:
H&R springs, Ichiba wheel spacers next =]

Attachments

• drop1.jpg
    drop1.jpg
    432.8 KB · Views: 1,180
  • photo 2-1.JPG
    photo 2-1.JPG
    306.5 KB · Views: 1,061
Back