Question for anyone who's had the front door panel off

:
23 CX-5 Premium
Thinking about having the front door panel armrests recovered in black vinyl like on the 2014 Touring. Tired already of having to clean them once a month. If you've had one of the front door panels off for any reason, did you happen to notice how the fabric armrest pads are attached and any feel for how easy/difficult they would be to remove?

I'd love some info on this too. Mine came with the vinyl on there but the padding is already starting to give out. Even after the car sits for a couple days the padding still doesn't snap back and is pretty much gone where my elbow sits most often.

Really?! I wonder if I'll have the same problem if I have the fabric replaced with vinyl on my '13 armrests? I imagine the padding's pretty much the same from year to year.

I've got around 34,000 miles on it and much of it is highway miles with my arm on the rest so it probably shortened the life of the padding but it is definitely giving up.

It is funny, the padding on the armrest on the doors seems to soft to hold up and the 'padding' on the center armrest is too hard. On our Mazda3 the center armrest and doors are the same and are right in the middle between the 2 types on the CX5 so it should hold up longer and still be decently comfortable.

I've taken to rolling up a small towel and putting it on the door armrest when going on longer drives.

Back