"Grub-grub-grub" sound from RF when cold

I agree with your reasoning 100% and I know you are correct in your thinking. I'm just cheap and short-sighted is all LOL Mine has 135K on it currently and accumulating more every day. I'm hoping she will hold up till next spring (no money, govt furlough sucks ass)

Update:
All together now:
2 Timkin bearings from Rock Auto. Tearing it all apart cost me 2 ball joints and 2 tie rod ends and a silly mistake cost me an ABS wire.
555 Ball joints from Amazon pressed by the same shop that did the bearings and tie rod ends from Rock Auto.

So here's the front-end rundown:
new ceramic brake pads, struts, endlinks, swaybar bushings and turned rotors beginning 2013.
New bearings, used ABS wire, new ball joints and tie rod ends now. I chose to have ball joints pressed in rather than pay the same or more for new, most likely inferior control arms.
I still hear some odd sounds when acceleratingbut not like before. I had my friend drive and I sat shotgun, and it sounds like its coming from behind the center stack, which means it could be the rear motor mount, or it could be the downpipe - either the hangers or maybe the flexpipe. At least its not spring seats and strut mounts!

OK< sounds are back - all of them. CV joint? Anyone know of a video host other than Youtube? I got a video this morning after it sat overnight and you can hear the noises & vibrations.

There is an intermediate bearing on the passenger's side driveshaft that has been known to go bad and cause noise related to your speed. Could be that your bearing on the driveshaft went bad.

There is an intermediate bearing on the passenger's side driveshaft that has been known to go bad and cause noise related to your speed. Could be that your bearing on the driveshaft went bad.

Is this bearing in between the half-shaft (outer) and the axle that runs behind the engine block, making equal-length half-shafts? Or is it in the CV itself?

Followup:

I have a Volvo tech who looked at the car when I got him to look at my V70. He pointed me to the right motor mount.

That was is. Changed it tonight & all is good. I'll go into more detail in the drivetrain forum, where I think I have already discussed this.

Is this bearing in between the half-shaft (outer) and the axle that runs behind the engine block, making equal-length half-shafts? Or is it in the CV itself?

Sorry I'm taking months to reply. The bearing is designed to make equal length half shafts as you stated, otherwise you'd have a 2 foot driver's side and a 4 foot passenger's side causing torque steer. The passenger's side may be sold as one complete two piece shaft with the bearing.

Back