The "perfect" GT Mazda2

BigBlueDart

:
2012 Mazda2 Touring MT
Let's use this thread to describe what each of you would describe as the perfect GT style Mazda2. The idea is that this car would be good on performance, but not a purpose built track-day car. It must be comfortable and somewhat luxurious, while also being a lot of fun to drive. So what would you do to turn the Mazda2 into a GT-trim level car?

Here's mine:

Bilstein coilovers
Improved sway bars and tower brace and engine mounts
Probably 16" rims, black with machined surfaces and quality tires
I think I would add a turbo and any clutch and diff upgrades needed to handle that
Better exhaust, of course
Rear disc brakes and performance brakes all around
Leather interior with quality bucket seats in front
Better stereo (perhaps with navigation and touch screen?) and better bluetooth with steering wheel controls
Those projector headlights available everywhere except North America
A kickass paint job

A lot of this I hope to actually accomplish with my 2, though most of it will likely be down the road a ways. A lot of this stuff I keep going back and forth on, such as coilovers vs CS shocks and springs, or 15" vs 16" rims (I think I've finally decided to not think about 17"). If I do a turbo upgrade (and I really, really want to) it will probably be way down the road after the car is paid off and warranty expired, and in the meantime I'll do a CS intake. But inch by inch I hope to turn this thing into the car it could have/should have been.

Do you have any good picks of those OEM indonesian LED headlights?

Picks? You meant pics? It's on my avatar. If it's not clear enough i can email you the pics. Costs around $2k per pair. The turning signals is now on the inside, main headlights on the outside, high-beam headlights on the middle. The amber turn signals is now a clear white LED city lights.

Hi, yes I meant pics. The spell correct changed it!! Arrrgh. Do you have a pair of the LED headlights, or is that avatar pick one you took of another car? Please post any better resolution images of those headlights if you have some. I think many people on the forum would be curious to see them. Thanks!

No, it's the actual headlights on my car. Here's the pics, enjoy!!

b88rrl.jpg

34j9bx2.jpg

Wow! I love the look of those! They look like the same headlights from the "Shooting Star" edition that seemed to make some effort to link the 2 to the Kodo 6 and 3 via that horizontal illuminated eyebrow. When you have time, could you post an image of how they look with the lights on? Does that light bar work as a drl, or just when the headlight low beams are turned on? Love those!

Last edited:
I dont mean to disappoint you but, those washers are just some styling add-ons and i installed them myself by using a double-sided tape, not functional though lol. And for the headlights eyebrows, it's kinda illuminated when the main headlight is turned on, it does not serves as drl. I will find some time to take pics beause i usually commute at days.

Looks really great! Is the main beam a projector or a small reflector? I love the light bar / eyebrow detail. I wish we could get those!

Thanks! I think it uses a small reflector because i can't see the led bulb. I think it's located on top of the reflector :) the same goes with the high beam

Yeah, definitely. This car needs an integrated armrest cubby, like the Mazda 3, the protege before it, etc. Our center floor console is the worst.

Back