Rear doors stay locked after parking

MPTech

:
2013 Mazda CX-9 Touring
I haven't driven our new CX-9 enough with 4 passengers to understand how it works, but a couple times I've pulled up to let the rear passengers out (going to dinner and letting them out at the door) and I put it in Park, but the rear doors do not unlock, I have to unlock from the driver door controls. I checked the child safety locks, and they are not on. When they are on, no way can they get out, without openeing the door from the outside.

Am I overlooking something simple? I would expect them to unlock when I put it in Park.

Thanks!

Newer 9's have multiple option/settings for how the door locks function when put into park or drive.
Also how/when auto-lock works upon leaving the vehicle. My 08 has none of those settings.

For the 2013, there are 5 functions of auto-locking available which are programmable. These are on page 3-31 of the 2013 manual. That should fix it. Mine unlock automatically - its great.

My 2010 does also. I programmed that way. I also programmed it to lock when put in gear.

I did the same--unlocks when I put the shifter in Park. I think that the front door can open if you pull the inside handle even if the door is locked as a safety feature; so it's not just the rear doors that are locked. All of them are. If you have a newer model, you can reprogram the auto lock feature. You can search this forum to find the programming procedure.

Back