Mazda2 Rally Armor mud flap Install

MazTek

:
2003 Toyota Tacoma TRD
This is a step-by-step how to on how to install rally armor universal mud flaps. She decided to get the basic with white letter but got red letters. This is cheap and easy mod to do.
Tools Needed
-Drill
-Phillips Screwdriver
-Adjustable (optional)
-3/8" extension
-10mm socket
-Drill bits
-Impact gun or lug wrench
-21mm socket
-Torque Wrench 100ft/lbs
-Factory Jack
Hardware Needed
-M6-1.00x20 hex cap bolts SS
-M6-1.00 SS nuts
-1/4-20 U-type speed washers
-1/2-1/4 SS washers
-1/4 SS washers
-Self drilling screws SS
Here is all the tools and hardware that you will need

For the front you will be using the 3 factory fender liner retainers, 2 push pins and one Phillips screw. You will be drilling one hole on the inner most part of the fender liner.

Start by removing the push pins, I find it the easiest to remove them with a 90* pick, other methods such as a flat head can break these clips

Measure twice drill once. Eye ball the mounting locations and go to work. The inner most is where you will nut and bolt it with the hardware mentioned above. If you drill in the lower most part you can access this under the rocker panel. (optional) You may want to trim the mudflap on the inside for an even flush looking fit

Finished product in the front

For the rear you'll need to remove the wheel. I'm sure you all know how to do this. This is what you'll be looking at

Again like the front we will be retaining the factory mounting locations. The rear has 3 cutouts on the outside and 2 screws, Measure and drill accordingly. You can use the speed washers with bolts (I found that these are not as strong) Used self drilling screws.

This is how it should look when you are done with mounting the rear.

Mount the wheel back on the car and torque to 100ft/bs lower the car and finish the job.
FINISHED PRODUCT

Last edited:
The urethane rally armor flaps are very flexible and durable. Not sure about the standard flaps they offer, I'd imagine they are stiffer.

Great write up. I did this on my Fiesta I owned a while back. The Ford was a nightmare on the rear. Nice to see that the fender liner mounts can be used.

Back