Show us your Tint...

Thanks! Hopefully I can find a supplier of 32 percent tint up here. How is the tint holding up? My main concern is getting a tint applied with a similar shade of grey as the rear windows.
It's been over a year & no problems. I think a good installer will be the key. The guy I used was very good. No dust pockets & he extracted most of the water. I got it done in March of last year when it was still below 40 deg here.

35% 3M Color Stable tint on 2 fronts, complements the darker (closer to 20%) factory rear privacy tint on GT. View attachment 204079

Very precisely cut/done by hand (computer cut wasn't available in March 2012), price $100.

Per request, adding a few pictures: CX left front.JPGlr iphone pic w35 fr tint Apr12.JPG

Good Look ! Any other pictures ? Would love to see the rear .... tail lights ? how was it done and are you geting pulled over alot for it ? thanks

I was quoted $1200 to tint all windows, front and back windshields of my CX-5 with 3M Crystalline today. 90% front windshield, 30% front windows, and 90% the back windows and rear windshield. Ouch! Expensive! This is in Sac, CA. Need more research.

I was quoted $1200 to tint all windows, front and back windshields of my CX-5 with 3M Crystalline today. 90% front windshield, 30% front windows, and 90% the back windows and rear windshield. Ouch! Expensive! This is in Sac, CA. Need more research.
Why would you do the rears since they're already tinted about 25%?

Tinting the rear to block out sun/heat, not to block out light. I don't want the windows any darker than factory spec.

Tinting the rear to block out sun/heat, not to block out light. I don't want the windows any darker than factory spec.
I paid $500 to get 3M Crystaline on all the CX-5s windows. 32% on front 2 & clear(I guess 90%) on the rest to block off the heat. He even came to my house & did it in my garage.

MatR6, I know. I read your post with your CX-5 picture attached. So far, I only called one shop for quote. I anticipated some difference in cost due to geographical location, but at $1200 without mobile service is more than I can afford.

Suntek CXP Ceramic - 20% on all windows, 55% on entire front windshield

ikKIAv1pczwQw.jpg

MatR6, I know. I read your post with your CX-5 picture attached. So far, I only called one shop for quote. I anticipated some difference in cost due to geographical location, but at $1200 without mobile service is more than I can afford.
I live in Chicago, where tinted cars are less common, so I'd think prices are higher than in California, where I see most of the cars have aftermarket tinted windows.

This is mine. 20% all round. I'm in Australia so it probably doesn't matter where I got mine done haha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 414
/Users/lucasmroczkowski/Desktop/IMG_1636.JPG
/Users/lucasmroczkowski/Desktop/IMG_1647.JPG/Users/lucasmroczkowski/Desktop/IMG_1638.JPG

Doesn't work like that. You have to upload it and attach it into Mazda247's horrible picture management system.

This is the first car that I had tint (90% Crystalline) put on the front. I am having really tough time with the front window fogging on the CX-5 each morning and sometimes through the day. Not sure if the tint was some of the issue so I did a general Google search and did not really see anything related to window tint and fogging.

Our conditions in Georgia for early morning has been warm and humid. I have tried the air conditioner. I have tried rolling all the windows down. I have tried turning on heated defrost with the windows down, which seems to work the best for getting it clear faster so that I can drive. I have tried other combinations of temperature and air circulation in the car. Just about my entire commute to work in the morning is dealing with the issue. When I do get it clear it just fogs up again just as bad. I have used Fog-X in the past on other cars and it never seemed to help.

If it is related to the window tint I am okay with it. The benefit of getting into a cooler car in our hot southern daytime temps is worth a few minutes of trying to get the window clear in the early morning's. But this is the first vehicle I have had with this much trouble on front window fogging.

Any thoughts or recommendations to better manage this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone have pictures of a soul red with tint? I want to make the front windows darker and the car cooler while not drawing too much attention to myself in CA.

Had a clear bra installed on the entire front end including: bumper, headlights, mirrors, 24" up the hood and the front of the quarter panels. Also had 35% tint on the front 2 windows.
IMG_4666_zpse0fed19d.jpg

Tinted the fronts 25% / rear measured at 22% at the tint shop but I think they look darn close.

t8ulo5_zpsuo0jhqoc.jpg

Last edited:
Back