Show us your Tint...

Please let us know. Im looking at tinting the front windows on my 14' CX-5 but I have no clue what I need to do to get the two matched.

After owning my car for just over a year I finally got my front 2 windows tinted. My wife said she was going to have her work clean the car and surprised me with the tint.
It looks so much better, now I just need new wheels. Either stock 19's or CX9 20's

It was a foggy morning yesterday.
tinted_zps6722bc8b.jpg

Snacks, nice front tint. Check the paperwork for brand/type/% of tint.

What tint % did you get Snacks? It appears to match the rear tint pretty well. I'm planning on tinting my front window once winter ends but I still haven't decided on how dark I want them.

Snacks, nice front tint. Check the paperwork for brand/type/% of tint.

What tint % did you get Snacks? It appears to match the rear tint pretty well. I'm planning on tinting my front window once winter ends but I still haven't decided on how dark I want them.

Thanks, I'll have to see what brand it was but she said they told her it was 18% carbon tint. I haven't seen it in full sunlight because its highly overcast and some snow is coming down now but it looks very close to the factory tint from outside the car. Inside you can tell the front is a tad bit darker.

edit: SunTek 18% carbon film was used

Last edited:
We had Luminar 20% put on the front two front windows and then did a sunstrip at 2 1/2%.

Attachments

• CX-5 1.jpg
    CX-5 1.jpg
    688.5 KB · Views: 317
  • CX-5 2.jpg
    CX-5 2.jpg
    414.6 KB · Views: 282
Did mine a couple weeks ago with Suntek 30%, looks good and legal. 20% looks nice but rather it look lighter than the rears than darker which is a dead give away.

Can anyone provide insight on what % tint to use on the rear window to make it equivalent to limo (5%)? The factory tint just isn't cutting it for me at the moment and my other cars have 5% on the rears which I like. Thanks to this thread, I'll be going 20% on the driver, passenger and sunroof ... hopefully it'll come out looking good on a Blue Reflex CX5.

Does anyone have a CX-5 with the stock tinted rear windows and any of the following tints on the front windows? 35%, 32% or 30%
If you do would you mind posting photos of your windows? I'm having a really tough time deciding between the three shades.

Does anyone have a CX-5 with the stock tinted rear windows and any of the following tints on the front windows? 35%, 32% or 30%
If you do would you mind posting photos of your windows? I'm having a really tough time deciding between the three shades.
Same as post #2 on this thread.
Got 32% in the front 2 windows all 3M ceramic tint in all the windows. The rest were clear. Don't need them dark to block out heat.
a8431723fb118f13a1a858c7f71cbb6e.jpg

Same as post #2 on this thread.
Got 32% in the front 2 windows all 3M ceramic tint in all the windows. The rest were clear. Don't need them dark to block out heat.
a8431723fb118f13a1a858c7f71cbb6e.jpg

Thanks! Hopefully I can find a supplier of 32 percent tint up here. How is the tint holding up? My main concern is getting a tint applied with a similar shade of grey as the rear windows.

Back