Show us your Tint...

Hello,

So if you would be so kind, show us your tint. Please include all details: % and $. I'd also like to know if you over did it and struggle at night.

Thanks,

Rick

Just a reminder to mention tint brand/type/%/price and post up pic(s) if available.

Have an appointment to get our baby tinted tomorrow! Will be going 50% windshield and 35% on the sides, price is $160. Will post brand and pictures after it is done!

3M ceramic tint all around 32% on front 2 windows, clear on windshield & back 7 windows. $500 & installer came to my house to install.
The ceramic tint keeps most of the heat out. I don't use a sun shade on the windshield & interior parts are not hot to touch in the summer.
a8431723fb118f13a1a858c7f71cbb6e.jpg

Looks sharp, and exactly the package and colour I want!!!

dawhoo - looks great, like a Touring/GT at first glance.

Well thank you. I attribute the look to 303 Aerospace - that stuff really works. My first non-white car. I am liking it.

Got the front sides tinted 20% to try and match the rears, but the front is just a tad darker and a grey shade looking from inside compared to the rears with a more brown-ish shade from inside looking out.

Before
attachment.php

After
attachment.php

Attachments

• Tint_Before.jpg
    Tint_Before.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 1,734
  • Tint_After.jpg
    Tint_After.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 1,910
Got the front sides tinted 20% to try and match the rears, but the front is just a tad darker and a grey shade looking from inside compared to the rears with a more brown-ish shade from inside looking out.

A member here (rideandslide of CO) posted on 8/6/13 that his installer used meter on the factory rear tint and it measured 25%.

What brand and type of 20% tint did you go with^?

Does anyone have a Specifications Sheet or Data Sheet for the factory Privacy Glass tint? E.G. UV, IR, Visible Light, etc.?

I'm having my front windows done today using 3M Crystalline (probably 30% which should keep me legal). The CX-5 has a lot of glass and if the Privacy Glass doesn't do a good job on IR then I may get a 90% done in the future.

Thanks.

Thanks for pointing that out Dahwoo, I was getting a tad worried myself with the gallons of Armor All I was using... I will grab that and see how it goes.

Well thank you. I attribute the look to 303 Aerospace - that stuff really works. My first non-white car. I am liking it.

Is this still legal in Canada? That is something I want to take a look at next. I got a little hesitant when I read someone was pulled off the road because the window tint was too dark. The dealership doesn't put it on, they can refer me. How big of a task is this?

50% is the max for driver and passenger side in Manitoba. You can have it as dark as you want at the back though. There's a give and take about 5% due to different devices that tests that tint.

aelaan > The 2 front window's legal limit in Ontario is 35%. It will look nice and will be lighter than the standard rear tints we get, but I have been going darker with 20% on my recent cars. It's a risk with the police, but I've been okay so far with 3 cars at 20% tint.

Here are some pictures of my tint. The tint guy said they were 45% but I think they might be darker.
He also told me the back windows were at 27%.
There's a before and 2 after.

Attachments

• 2013-10-11 12.54.15resize.jpg
    2013-10-11 12.54.15resize.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 448
  • 2013-10-11 13.35.30resize.jpg
    2013-10-11 13.35.30resize.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 403
  • 2013-10-20 15.02.28resized.jpg
    2013-10-20 15.02.28resized.jpg
    454 KB · Views: 507
^ CaptainFurious - Looks good. Those fronts look closer to 37%, but it's always hard to tell via pictures and with variations in background lighting.

Back