Show us your Tint...

Hello,

I have a new 14 liquid GT. Enkei wheels showed up today, 4" tips are in the mail, roof rack is getting installed next week, last thing we need is tint. So if you would be so kind, show us your tint. Please include all details: % and $. I'd also like to know if you over did it and struggle at night.

Thanks,

Rick

I matched the front to the OEM rear windows on the side, and did the windshield in 80/20. Pinnacle F1 ceramic was used, and the cost was $300. The install is flawless and hest intrusion is drastically reduced. Visually, the windshield tint can hardly be noted and the HUD is unaffected.

Tinted the fronts 25% / rear measured at 22% at the tint shop but I think they look darn close.

t8ulo5_zpsuo0jhqoc.jpg

Your fronts have some native tint. I bet they meter lower than 25, if you applied 25, hence their matching.

Your fronts have some native tint. I bet they meter lower than 25, if you applied 25, hence their matching.

Native tint?

Wife took the car while she was off to have it done. We went to the same shop as when we took my previous cx5. The guy there said the factory tint was metering at 22% so he used 25% carbon. Last time they used 18% carbon, it was slightly darker.

I'm extremely happy with the results this time.

Native tint?

Wife took the car while she was off to have it done. We went to the same shop as when we took my previous cx5. The guy there said the factory tint was metering at 22% so he used 25% carbon. Last time they used 18% carbon, it was slightly darker.

I'm extremely happy with the results this time.

Your front windows probably metered 3 to 5 on top of that 25. Have them metered and I bet they are 20-22.

I put 20% over rear factory tint and 35 up front but it was too light so added another layer of 50% over it so it's probably around 20% up front too. Front windshield is tinted 70% and sunroof 55%, all using photosync tint.

41626318510_c8b6fa4aec_b.jpg

41626318420_e16a4b71f7_b.jpg

I have 5% ceramic tints on side and back windows. Cost me about $400

Hello,

I have a new 14 liquid GT. Enkei wheels showed up today, 4" tips are in the mail, roof rack is getting installed next week, last thing we need is tint. So if you would be so kind, show us your tint. Please include all details: % and $. I'd also like to know if you over did it and struggle at night.

Thanks,

Rick

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 215
do we have a consensus on what the factory rear tint level is on Gen 2's (2017+)

25%. I had Llumar CTX 25 installed and it's a match.

Edit: If you search the Llumar site for 25% CTX you won't see it because it's a new product but the installers have it.

IMG-0209.jpg

Last edited:
Back