Need to find my avital remote start module and valet button/switch

poorboy

:
2010 CX9, Sport
So, just bought my wife a 2010 9 sport. It has 25K miles on it and looks like brand new. Very happy with the purchase but need some electronics guru to help point me in the right direction.

The car has a avital keyless entry/remote start system installed and it works like it should. I ordered an additional matching key fob for my use and now need to program it. Here is where it gets tricky...

1. I have no paper work whatsoever on the install.
2. I have no idea where to start looking for the DEI control unit.
3. I have no idea where to find the valet button...if there even is one.

Where would you guys start looking? The antenna is in the drivers corner of the windshield so I'm guessing the module is somewhere behind the dash on the driver side.

Once I find the module how many wires will I have to chase to find the valet switch. If no switch how do you program the extra remote.

Also, should the factory keyfob (switchblade style) door lock and panic still work when you're not using the avital remote or remote start function?

If avital is made by dei then it is the same company that makes the viper. You will have to take it in to have it programmed with a code writer. That is what the person used when he programmed my viper remotes years ago. Unless of course these are scratch code remotes, which i think that is not the case. As for the original i don't know if the remote works the way it should. I don't have an alarm on mine due to the fact that these cars have an engine immobilizer.

Ok, everything I've found so far is that I should be able to program a replacement remote fob with the use of my factory key and the use of the valet switch. I'll keep on a looking and report back.

OK, spent some time working on the 9 this weekend. Pulled the lower dash valance and traced wires back to the avital, DEI remote start module and bypass kit. There was indeed a valet momentary switch wired in but not easily accesable. Programing was a snap and now I have two working keyless entry/remote fobs that work just fine.

For those of you with a DEI system the actual module was located behind the switch bank to the left of the steering wheel and the bypass was to the right. From there you just need to trace the grey/black and grey wires (coming from the blue port) on the main module to find the location of your valet momentary switch.

Back