Post what you paid for your Mazda6

Good thing you were still able to find a new 2018 MY! That’s a very rare find...
Oh, didn’t mean to mislead anyone. I bought it new when the 2019’s were starting to appear on the lots. Local dealer was having “an inventory close-out sale.” Sure he was. LOL (That’s what they all say, right?) I fell in love with the Soul Red color. I went down hard. I was hooked. The rest is history, as they say. Ol’ girl now has “approx” 27,000 miles on her.

I just bought a CPO 2018 Signature, Machine Grey with Chestnut interior. 4500 miles on it, still has 2.5 years of factory warranty left. Paid $25400.

svIorbg.jpg
Wow! That is a gorgeous paint color. The lighting and reflections really illustrate the great lines and aesthetic appeal. My word for how it appears in the pic? “Sensuously sexy.” Well done, my friend.

27k pre used model, had 405 miles on it, so brand new pretty much. base model 2015 Mazda 6. paid it off already tho.

27k includes everything, taxes and registration, and life time oil changes

Last month: Used 2018 6 GTR plus Soul Red paint upgrade and WeatherTech mats, 34,280 miles, $25,988 plus tax/title/reg. Got rid of a 2012 BMW 5-series. The Mazda is not the same level of luxury, but it let me get up to date on driver-assist technology and for sure it's more fun to drive.

Somewhat related to pricing: I dropped by one of our local Mazda dealers and got visually slapped between the eyes over what has happened to vehicle pricing.

Here in Oklahoma, the dealers are adding addendum stickers for upwards of $4,000-5,000. Over the MSRP. Vehicle availability, they claim. And “chip shortage,” I overheard. And equally astonishing is the fact that the sales department will NOT move off those prices more than several hundred dollars.

Therefore, by the time you get financing arranged, drive off the lot, you are so upside down in your vehicle that the creditors have virtually locked you into a financial situation you can’t get yourself out of.

I’m also seeing a dwindling of manufacturing incentives and low financing rates. I’m looking forward to the days when the car lots are overflowing with new year models, sales managers are begging you to buy their vehicle, and interest rates resemble something more appealing. (In 1981, interest rates for a “well qualified” buyer were hovering around 18% apr. Poor credit worthiness hovered in the APR’s of upper 20’s.)

Anyway, my rant is over. Are any of you finding this scenario in your part of the country? Just thankful I’m still having a consistent love affair with my 2018 Mazda6 GTR. I hope you guys and gals are as well.

Somewhat related to pricing: I dropped by one of our local Mazda dealers and got visually slapped between the eyes over what has happened to vehicle pricing.

Here in Oklahoma, the dealers are adding addendum stickers for upwards of $4,000-5,000. Over the MSRP. Vehicle availability, they claim. And “chip shortage,” I overheard. And equally astonishing is the fact that the sales department will NOT move off those prices more than several hundred dollars.

Therefore, by the time you get financing arranged, drive off the lot, you are so upside down in your vehicle that the creditors have virtually locked you into a financial situation you can’t get yourself out of.

I’m also seeing a dwindling of manufacturing incentives and low financing rates. I’m looking forward to the days when the car lots are overflowing with new year models, sales managers are begging you to buy their vehicle, and interest rates resemble something more appealing. (In 1981, interest rates for a “well qualified” buyer were hovering around 18% apr. Poor credit worthiness hovered in the APR’s of upper 20’s.)

Anyway, my rant is over. Are any of you finding this scenario in your part of the country? Just thankful I’m still having a consistent love affair with my 2018 Mazda6 GTR. I hope you guys and gals are as well.
This is likely happening world wide due to reasons you mentioned but not so much here in Cda as it is illegal for dealers to sell above MSRP. What they’re doing though is tacking on add’l markup via vehicle accessories and options and small fees ($500) as “security transfer fee” or any kind of other BS fees! If you say want to buy the vehicle but don’t want those add’l options they simply won’t sell you the vehicle as their mentality is “someone else will buy it”

Last edited:
$3700 for an 04 wagon with 95k miles. Wish it were a manual but it's just a daily to keep my Miata off the salty roads.

I still end up driving the Miata and then am the weirdo out washing my car in the cold. Also the added space has enabled me to buy all sorts of larger items off of FB marketplace.

Back