what kind of gas mileage does your p5 get?

kms1990

:
2011 mazda 3 hatchback GT
I am inquiring about peoples average mpg as mine seems a little low. My driving is about 50% city 50% highway, not usually much traffic, just red lights. I am not a high speed driver so it stays around speed limit 90% of the time. It is a 5spd so i coast when i can and shift before 3k rpm (try to unless i need to accelerate faster) im easy (i think) on the gas and dont use the brakes except when needed. I get between 25-26.7ish mpg average. Is this about right? Im in north texas climate(hot,humid right now, can get cold) switched er to castrol syntec.

Last edited:
That's maybe a bit low... I get about 27 mpg, though if I'm really diligent I can get 29. Similar climate (Orlando), also a 5-speed but I haven't moved to synthetic yet. I have 113k on the odo. I don't run A/C as much as one would expect though.

Do you use fuelly.com to track your mpg?

If you're using ac that's probly about right mine dips down to 26ish when I run it all the time. With out it 30-32

Iv'e been getting a constant 30-31 mpg. The highest Iv'e ever gotten was 35 mpgs. Got 376 miles on a full tank. My car seems to like shell gasoline better than any other. Mine is 5speed as well and i do a mix of highway/city driving.

no i use my phones calculator, but i may sign up for fuelly.com i use the trip odo. and reset when i fill and calculate mileage by dividing mileage driven by gallons filled. yes its 93-103ish and very humid here right now so a/c isnt optional when im driving. i may try a different brand gas, been using QT but went with valero this time and it dropped mpg(may have been my driving style though) the shell is about 10 cents a gallon more where i am so its not getting that when gas is 3.50+ a gallon. i threw seafoam in with tis fill up so we will see.

Last edited:
Try different brands of gas. I get low mpg when I use certain brands 10 cent a gallon will still be worth it if your mpg get better

i may try 93 and funny enough shell went down that 10 cents today, i may try the 711 down the road too i know my local racetrac gas sucks QT,Racetrac,Valero(which my old cars liked), shell, 7/11 are whats around my area, there is a chevron up the road from my work i may try, heard their additive pack for the gas is good and helps mpg

I'm getting only about 17. How many miles can you go on a tankfull of gas? I can go around 215.

I get 260-280. I drive like an idiot though. I'm wondering how you managed to get 376 Soundwave... I do have a P0422 code though, so I'm guessing that may be why my mileage is iffy???

I get 260-280. I drive like an idiot though. I'm wondering how you managed to get 376 Soundwave... I do have a P0422 code though, so I'm guessing that may be why my mileage is iffy???

yeah i had a smile ear to ear when i hit 375. So far iv'e always gotten around 330-335 every full tank down to a little bit above where the gas light turns on.

I got 410 once all interstate

Im hoping i can get this on my way to South Carolina next week. Going to be changing the spark plugs and oil this week as well as checking the tire pressure. You must had to be driving pretty slow also in order to get that. lol

Nope mp3 with Sri runing 75-85 mph with windows down from va beach to Staunton

Mp3 Ecu helps a lot some people claim 2-4 mpg. Autos suck for mileage with these cars

Back