Dynomax super turbo on a 5 ?

foxhound1979

:
Mazda 5 GS
Hi guys,

has anyone ever had any experience with the Dynomax Super turbo exhaust ? I'm wondering if it could be a good sounding exhaust on a 5. Looking for a little aggressive sound without a droning sound on the highway.

Any input is appreciated !

About 10 years ago, I had a 1998 Saturn SL2 sedan as my daily driver. I bought a direct-fit 2-inch performance exhaust with a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler. I bought the exhaust separately from the muffler and had my local muffler shop install/clamp it all together. This muffler is more typically found on V8's and it sounded really nice on the little 1.9L in that car. Nice deep tone that sounded great around town but wasn't loud, droning, or annoying on the highway, not some cheap, rattling fart can piece of garbage hanging off the back end of a bad Honda Civic. I didn't spend the extra money on the stainless muffler and I bought the cheaper aluminized version. My recommendation, buy the stainless one and spend the money. I lived in Albany, NY at the time and the aluminized Dynomax Super Turbo didn't even last 2 years, with winters and salted roads, but it sounded great right up to the end.

Hi guys,

has anyone ever had any experience with the Dynomax Super turbo exhaust ? I'm wondering if it could be a good sounding exhaust on a 5. Looking for a little aggressive sound without a droning sound on the highway.

Any input is appreciated !

Just saw this... I've used the Super Turbo before- it's an awesome and CHEAP (economical, not crap) muffler. Very good flow since it's just an S-curve, but cuts out a ton of the high frequency buzzing noise normally associated with straight-through "import" exhaust systems. It's always at the top of my list when I'm looking at making a new exhaust system.

thanks for the input phunky
i just paid for a Mazdaspeed exhaust, waiting for the seller to take it off his 5 and i'll have to get it installed on mine
the Super Turbo was the second choice if the mazdaspeed project didn't work out!

hoping to get this done soon and get you guys some pictures and a soundclip

Welcome, and looking forward to sound clips! What mods did the seller do to make the Mazdaspeed exhaust work on his 5? Anything out of the ordinary other than making one section longer?

i'll have to check on this, all i know it was cutted/welded to fit on a 5. So the rest is kind of a mystery right now!

think i'll just wait until next summer, my girlfriend is pregnant with our second child and she's very picky on loud noises right now..next summer the little guy will be aroung 4-6 months(due in february) and his brother will be 2.
Until then be safe guys !

The Super Turbo is pretty mild until you really shove your foot in it- I don't think it'll aggravate any wives at all, but that's my opinion...

Back