Media button Aux in not working

tcristi

I have a 2007 Touring with Bose/Nav and I've never had an issue listening to my iPod via the Media Button and usuing a double sided headphone jack in the Aux-in under the arm rest.

However, recently everything stopped working. Whenever I hit the Media button on the radio, nothing happens, it doesn't switch screens and just stays on the current screen. I am aware of the SAT issue with a splitter, but I don't have a SAT receiver so this would not be the case.

Has anyone run into this or have any idea why it would stop working?

Thanks

I've run into the same problem this week. I even switched out the headphone cable with no effect. The mode button on the steering wheel doesn't switch to it either.

I've run into the same problem this week. I even switched out the headphone cable with no effect. The mode button on the steering wheel doesn't switch to it either.

I ended up fixing the problem by switching the male/male headphone cable. It seems the cable was bad.

if you have tried multiple cables, on multiple devices, it might be the connector that you plug your cable into in the car

I have given the car to the service center, auxiliary in jack needs to be replaced. Part no is TD74-66-DFX

I have a 2008 CX-9 Grand Touring with the DVD player in the back. When I go through the directions in the manual to make the DVD audio go through the car speakers, it says I need to hit the media button and select something so it will go out through the speakers. WHenever I hit the media button, I get nothing at all. I am pretty sure the DVD unit is a stock one from the factory but have no luck. Maybe I need to plug something into the aux jack the the below the armrest to see if it works in that mode.

Otherwise, does anyone have any suggestions for that?

I have the same problem. Some time media button failed, a few days it back without and fix. Then it failed again.

I found the problem is, the aux jack detect aux cable sensor some times failed to detect the aux cable.

I fix this problem by, unplug the aux cable and re-plug into it, if still not work, repeat unplug-re-plug until it works.

The problem is not the media button, not the audio, but the aux jack

If no aux cable plugged in, media button suppose not to show the aux on screen. If you plug aux cable in the jack, then the media button should show AUX on the screen when you click the button.
If not, means the aux jack did not detect the aux cable was in. So unplug aux cable and re-plug will works.

I have a 2007 Touring with Bose/Nav and I've never had an issue listening to my iPod via the Media Button and usuing a double sided headphone jack in the Aux-in under the arm rest.

However, recently everything stopped working. Whenever I hit the Media button on the radio, nothing happens, it doesn't switch screens and just stays on the current screen. I am aware of the SAT issue with a splitter, but I don't have a SAT receiver so this would not be the case.

Has anyone run into this or have any idea why it would stop working?

Thanks

I have the same problem. Some time media button failed, a few days it back without and fix. Then it failed again.

I found the problem is, the aux jack detect aux cable sensor some times failed to detect the aux cable.

I fix this problem by, unplug the aux cable and re-plug into it, if still not work, repeat unplug-re-plug until it works.

If no aux cable plugged in, media button suppose not to show the aux on screen. If you plug aux cable in the jack, then the media button should show AUX on the screen when you click the button.
If not, means the aux jack did not detect the aux cable was in. So unplug aux cable and re-plug will works.

Did anyone come up w a solution?

I have replaced the aux in male to make
wire and the aux in part inside the center console and I still can't get it to work.

[QU

OTE=medyhzl;6276264]I have the same problem. Some time media button failed, a few days it back without and fix. Then it failed again.

If not, means the aux jack did not detect the aux cable was in. So unplug aux cable and re-plug will works.[/QUOTE]

I have a similar problem. My satellite module died recently and I want to go back to using the aux input. I do not have the switcher. How do I reconnect it? Thanx!

My "aux" button was unresponsive last week....then I realized the 3.5mm patch cord wasn't plugged in. Soon as I plugged it in, the button became functional.

I have just bought a Mazda 6 2.2 Sport. I went and bought a Aux to USB cable but i can't get and sound out of it. Does the Aux not recognise the USB as a external memory, like and ipod or alternative mp3 player or is this the same issue as other people are having with the jack plug itself?

I have just bought a Mazda 6 2.2 Sport. I went and bought a Aux to USB cable but i can't get and sound out of it. Does the Aux not recognise the USB as a external memory, like and ipod or alternative mp3 player or is this the same issue as other people are having with the jack plug itself?

This is the CX-9 Forum.....

I know this is a Mazda CX-9 forum but luckily a Google search landed me here. I have the '08 Mazda 5 and was experiencing the same issue with the"Media" button on the radio console, as well as the "Mode" button on the steering wheel stereo controls not ever selecting the "Aux" mini stereo input jack next to the accessory power socket. The posts here helped me solve the problem. It was the internals of the little 3.5mm stereo input jack. For some (I think ODD) reason the engineers used a "sensing"-style 3.5mm input jack. When a 3.5mm plug is inserted into this jack it is supposed to "ground" its "sense" pin and this is used to electronically detect the presence of the inserted plug. This 3.5mm socket (and the circuit going back to the stereo) has 4 conductors. GND, LEFT audio analog IN, RIGHT audio analog IN, and this plug-SENSE IN (grounded = plug inserted). The stereo software will not allow the user to select the "AUX"/(media) input unless there is a plug inserted. Again, don't ask me why they would have taken this effort to disallow this choice w/o a physical plug inserted into the AUX input jack. The core issue was indeed that the little 3.5mm input jack's "plug detection" conductor was internally broken. The jack is soldered onto a larger assembly circuit board containing the interface plug back to the stereo system. I just removed the circuit board from the LDPE mounting housing and permanently soldered/shorted the sense pin to ground right on the circuit board. Now she works like a champ.. Thanks to all before who posted on the core issue of the jack being bad.

Last edited:
I had the same problem with my unit and shortening the ground and sensor pins (1 and 3 from the left on the internal PCB) worked a treat with in the Aux unit. Just pull it out using a screw driver and take off the casing to shorten it.

Back