Experiences with Galaxy S4 and Infotainment System

sxa

'23 CX-9 CE, '14 CX-5 Touring FWD, '16 CX-3 GT FWD
This is a "public service" announcement so to speak. I am not sure if anyone here has brought up their experiences with the S4 before, but I thought having a thread might be helpful.

For the most part I have been much happier with the S4 interacting with the Infotainment system compared to the S2 and I know people have had issues with the S3. First off, I don't have those issues of the phone not pairing on occasion as I did with the S2. I would always get the audio to work with the S2 but the phone sometimes just wouldn't pair. Now as soon as I turn the bluetooth on the phone it syncs both the phone and audio and seems to work very well. Messaging also works which is a nice to have feature. I have been impressed with the text-speech for the messaging, the voice sounds very natural.

My only existing issue is Pandora, it only worked periodically with the S2, and so far I haven't gotten it to work at all with the S4. I can just use the Pandora App through the bluetooth audio, but it would be cool to actually use the App via the system.

For those Spotify folks, using the following modded version you can get your song data to appear on the infotainment system http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=36256276

Pandora works fine with my S3. My only issue with it is that it's too aggressive. It keeps starting Pandora up if the phone's there when I start the car, even if it was set to USB or something when I turned the car off!

Back