Another P5 on a College Budget....Meet Ozzie

Well, I never thought this day would come, but I finally decided to stop modding Ozzie altogether and drive him into the dirt. He's got 175,000 miles, the clutch is almost gone, two gear synchros are going bad (5th is really bad, reverse is somewhat acting up, as well as 3rd just starting to go bad, I think), and some other issues have led me to this decision. That and considering the fact that I have another car that (aside from a couple electrical glitches) runs perfect and has maintenance included. As if that wasn't enough, my neighbors almost had Ozzie towed cuz I didn't move him from in front of their house for a few days (even though they park both their cars in the driveway), and I might be moving for an internship in January. So unless people wanna claim some parts before I send him to the junkyard, he will probably be gone by the end of winter. It makes me really sad to write this, but I need to face the facts, and they are not pretty.

Just take something to remember him by. :)

Sad that it has to come to that, but it is what it is.

Glad he gave you the memories he did- though some might not have been as nice as others.

I'm afraid to say that I know my time with Winry is getting more and more limited. The awesome bit about it is, though the car may be gone, you'll still have the memories.

Sent from my Pipboy 3000

I kinda saw it coming to this when I got my Fit, but I more denied it. The memories will always be there, and I will dearly miss Ozzie when I have to get rid of him. I might even cry. However, I can't wait to get another Mazda! I love my Fit and all, but it's just not the same as the way a Mazda drives. I think the only ones that could replace that would be a Subaru, because winter.

Strangely, now that winter has finally arrived my clutch doesn't seem to be acting up. Maybe it's just that I haven't been beating the crap out of it, but Ozzie seems to be holding in there pretty well. Granted, I just covered 1000 miles since I got my Fit the last week of September, so it makes sense since I was averaging 1500+ miles a month without it. Or maybe my odometer stopped working.....

Anyways, snow tires went on a couple weeks ago, and one of them was dead flat when I put it on. Don't know why, but it makes me a little nervous. I checked it a couple days later and it was down about 5 psi. Hopefully this doesn't keep up.

Last edited:
Well, I had an issue with idling after the car warmed up, and I found the issue: the brake fluid reservoir finally wrote a hole in my eBay intake. Took a year, and I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner honestly. Time to JB Weld it or finally fit in my Weapon*R intake. We'll Se what happens today.

Last edited:
Well, it finally happened. After not driving it too much since I've had my Honda, I finally sold Ozzie about a month ago. Got the exhaust leak fixed, as well as a wheel bearing that went bad (hopefully the last one), and sold him before I could drive it nice and quiet. Oh well.

And now I'm going through Mazda withdrawals. I have been researching for the last month or so and have decided to get back into the game with a newer 3. Right now I have a couple of smiley-face generation s GT hatches on my radar, but we'll see what happens. I'm also in the process of applying for jobs, and if one works out I might just spring for a brand new 3 in a few months.

Latest posts

Back