What did you do to your Mazda2 today?

^ Nice. You don't bleed the brakes each event? Glad to hear you'll make it, I didn't see your name on the list and figured you were sitting out RA.

And to keep this on topic...I loaded up the car with my kids and myself, got in and went to daycare and then to work. I'm also starting to finally get comfortable with heel-toe with the stock pedal configuration. And yesterday I folded the mirror in while I was working on the miata. The 2 is so high maintenance!

2z9e52q.jpg

Finally installed my DDMWorks SRI. Pretty easy install!

Last edited:
I re-installed the wire in transponder which I had smashed up at Mazda Raceway last year. Got it repaired and saved ~$400 instead of buying a new one.

Transponder.jpg

A quick wash to remove the remnants of a recent unavoidable drive in the rain. All shiny clean! Semi-planning to go to the Vintage at Mid-Ohio this weekend, but ... rain rain rain in the forecast and I've experienced MUD-Ohio before. No way. We'll stay home if it's wet out.

I bought a roof rack for my 2 but have not had a chance to fit it yet. Other than that just driving it back and forth to work. Trying to get a full detail scheduled soon as well. Vacation coming up after the 4th of July so I'm sure I will get into something.

Emptied the back of my car, run it through an automatic car wash, loaded tires, numbers, helmet, tools, and other paraphernalia - ready for autocross tomorrow! Got a Honda Fit and a Mitsubishi Lancer for competition in my class. Ready for some fun with my 2!

I wanted to do it all at the same time, but it ended up getting spread out. Last Saturday was a oil change and tire rotation. With that I also did a quick inspection of my front suspension and steering. I decided to replace the OEM end link on the driver side (passenger side was already replaced after my crash) with a Moog. This kinda/sorta changed the sounds I was getting while turning hard at low speed (see steering clunk thread), but I'm thinking I'm still going to have to have the steering rack replaced again to get rid of this. Just hoping that either the body shop I used last year or the dealership that fixed this same problem a couple of years ago will cover me on this. If not I'll probably put it off and hope nothing serious happens.

Anyway, I replaced the end link a couple of days ago, which took longer than I expected because I did it with a loaded suspension and the tires on, making it tough to reach places. I was going to change my transmission fluid, too, but found out I didn't have a 23mm socket. So, this morning I went out to buy the socket for the transmission and then did that. Redline MT-85. Initial impression is good. We'll see if it helps me avoid gear grinding and general shift feel over time, or if I'm just going to have to admit that I'm a lazy shifter and need be more deliberate in my throws. It's just that 2nd to 3rd shift that sometimes doesn't want to line up for me and catches me off guard.

Today I did a first real inspection of the car after about a month after purchasing.. Changed fluids and inspected the underbody.. For a 5 year old car with 40k it looks very good. Even found a helper today! I'll leave a few photos here if anyone cares what the bottom of the chassis looks like..if it interests anyone
P7010509_zpspxh3filo.jpg
P7010506_zpstwsoofpf.jpg.html
P7010504_zpsydbd0hy5.jpg

Steering rack looks a bit rusty, but what steering rack doesn't?(headshake
P7010515_zpsswtratee.jpg
P7010516_zps0j6utcyp.jpg
P7010519_zpsb6jjcfcd.jpg

BS floppy engine mount, needs to go soon
P7010520_zpskxlkomir.jpg

80s engineering
P7010521_zpsajje8z7v.jpg

P7010525_zps5u3eqc3t.jpg

Quite clean overall
P7010528_zpskkbvioju.jpg

Methinks previous owner hopped a curve

P7010530_zpsreaxfndm.jpg

Could use an undertray
The helper.
Snapchat-8531896202543839625_zpspvkt1gyh.jpg

Finally, replacement scantool finally came in the mail. Had some fun this afternoon, the 2 has countless more parameters than my old SVT Contour
obdwiz_zpslpbjp1ll.jpg

(rockon)

Last edited:
1408 mile road trip from north GA to south FL and back with most of the family (me, wife, 2 kids, 3-legged dog). Had to leave the cat and the big dog in GA. Tried out PBIR at an SCCA track night event while I was down there (in my dad's TT), next time I'll have to try it in the 2. Between the stock brake pads getting low and the factory fill brake fluid, I didn't want to chance it. Gas mileage sucked for some reason, maybe because I was going 84mph most of the way and didn't take off the roof rack. Got a speeding ticket about 30 minutes into the trip.

After eight months of so of a dead remote battery, I ordered a new one from work. While the key was apart, I took my time disassembling it as much as possible and deep cleaning everything I could with a Clorox wipe. It was pretty gross in there. I guess four and a half years in someone's pocket will do that.

After eight months of so of a dead remote battery, I ordered a new one from work. While the key was apart, I took my time disassembling it as much as possible and deep cleaning everything I could with a Clorox wipe. It was pretty gross in there. I guess four and a half years in someone's pocket will do that.

I just changed mine on Saturday, too. Didn't have the time then to clean it out, though. My battery lasted 3 years.

Not quite three years yet, but my battery is going dead. I have to press it like 5 times before it does anything.

Back