What did you do to your Mazda2 today?

Today, I conducted another important Scare-the-Girlfriend test driving her to class today, this time with the rear sway bar installed and rear shocks set to full stiff. Result: REALLY SCARED

Success(dance)

^^^^
Nice!

What did I do to the 2 today? Nothing. I looked at it as I drove off in my Mustang. :D

Mike

Went for a drive to get me some dinner, I haven't done anything to the 2 in a long time. So much to do and the money flow goes every where before it can be used for mods.

Fixed another freaking vacuum leak. Noticed that my idle was low and rough as I was about to head home, and then got a CEL. Finally went back to OEM for one of the air temp hoses so that it stops breaking. I'll replace the other one once I have the time. She's back to running smooth again, thankfully I only had to limp her a few kms home like that.

ROTA's & RE11A's out of the basement and swapped 'em on. Installed PIAA H4's & tweaked the headlight alignment a smidge. A tankful of fresh petrol'. Needs her 1st full bath of the year, adjust the KSports, and give her a good once-over: 1st X is a week away! Time to play! (burnout)

Wasn't today, but yesterday...Great day had by both car and driver.
f39b9272ed5d21bfd27d710e48df7cf5.jpg

New Center caps - Because Corksport

I couldn't resist. These are light weight and removable!

UymXXO4.jpg

sqEVxlc.jpg

OG6CohD.jpg

Brought it to the stealership for warranty steering rack replacement, and got in an argument about alignment specs.

Well it was on Monday, but this happened:

IMG_8981_zpss2ewmfpi.jpeg

The party responsible is visible in the reflection. The replacement showed up at the shop just today (wanted to go OEM, not interested in aftermarket junk) but probably won't get installed until Monday.

I just hope they do a good job.

Got the new windshield in today. Surprisingly, they did a good job, looks factory. Glad I paid the extra for OEM glass, which I now get to file a claim against the utility company to recover.

What did you do to your 2 today?

Full exterior detail, compound polish and wax. My left arm is still bothering me, so the responsible party for the fine work is pictured here.
6674dd68e8e1341fd33c493db105ab92.jpg

And then a little grille work (^ before)
1fda129a47d83823043fe23e0f9e2bee.jpg

Ride height adjustment, tire change, lunch and road test!

5d26ed729ca1d17f92e8d88036ca31a3.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, been riding around with my 08 Giant STP2 in the rear for a couple years now. Still fits with a 12" ported subbox, gym bag, and room to spare.

Removed spare tire, jack, and tire cover components. Removed rear head rests and folded down rear seats.
Loaded two RE11a's and two Star Spec tires on aluminum rims, at 45-50 PSI pressure.
Loaded floor jack, hockey puck and 3' 2x4 - to get both wheels off the ground on one side easy.
Loaded tool kit, just in case.
Loaded numbers, helmet, camera, food, water, sunscreen too.
Ready for autocross tomorrow. So far 76 folks have registered.

I rolled the rear fenders to make sure the rears don't rub at Road Atlanta. Oh and I changed the oil and put the good brake pads back in.

Back