What did you do to your Mazda2 today?

Received new stubby I mentioned last week.
Bought car with this ugly green one
Replaced with Cravenspeed.
It doesn't fit as nice as the other one but that green had to go.

Tossed it around the AutoX course, ended up 6/20 in novice only being beat by 3 turbo WRX, a turbo Audi TT, and a 2.3l Mazda3. Not bad for my second time out. (Thank you for the tips, Andy Hollis)

Tossed it around the AutoX course, ended up 6/20 in novice only being beat by 3 turbo WRX, a turbo Audi TT, and a 2.3l Mazda3. Not bad for my second time out. (Thank you for the tips, Andy Hollis)

While I don't think I will autox my 2, you can't beat the most effective mod of them all: driver mod(seat time).

I finally dipped my rear emblem and hatch release this weekend. Spent the time between coats ogling wheels/tires for spring.

I just got my Redline custom shift boot today and installed it. I went with a two tone black and blue x style. I'll post pictures tomorrow when I have daylight.

I just got my Redline custom shift boot today and installed it. I went with a two tone black and blue x style. I'll post pictures tomorrow when I have daylight.

Well, the blue of the leather doesn't quite match my painted trim and shift knob. Hmm...

IMG_20130924_151356.jpg

Neglected it again to drive the Miata to work on such a beautiful day. Sorry buddy, I'll drive you more soon!

I am going to pickup the B-Spec 2 at Sonoma Raceway this weekend and clean it. A week or racing takes its toll.

-Derrick

I decided that I wanted to redo my badges, so yesterday I stripped off the old smoked paint and did this instead:

IMG_20131012_173743.jpg
IMG_20131012_173729.jpg

Swapped the street tires on the car so I can drive the 2 around like the stig on the street. The ARP wheel studs look a little strange on the stock wheels.

-Derrick

^ Awesome! Just make sure to wear your white full-face helmet, no taking it off when going into the grocery store.

Swapped the street tires on the car so I can drive the 2 around like the stig on the street. The ARP wheel studs look a little strange on the stock wheels.

-Derrick

Ill be sure to get picture of the police too when they think I am robbing the place.

-Derrick

Another hose on my SRI burst, this time the one connecting to the air temp sensor. Reconnected it in a parking lot, but later ordered some more hose on ebay because clearly these are defective. They're both short enough now that I wouldn't be able to make another on-the-fly repair.

As I was doing this, I noticed that the screw holding my air duct to the coolant reservoir bracket undid itself and fell off, so I had to think a bit and find a better solution. Since the bracket and duct are fairly far apart from one another, I used a combination of metal and plastic washers to act as spacers. The plastic washers screw tightly onto the screw, so they won't back off on their own again. Hopefully this will fix it for good.

2Q7IioS.jpg

4Hg4p2Z.jpg

I've always had trouble checking my blind spot in this car due to what I consider poorly shaped mirrors as well as the B pillar being in the way in my seating position. So yesterday I picked up some blindspot mirrors and this afternoon I stuck them on. So far I'm really liking this add. Kinda wish it came with a blindspot mirror like the Fiesta does.

IMG_20140613_150524.jpg

Back