How to install Rear view Camera in 2012-2013 Mazda 5

Do you have a pic of how it looks after installed? What does that transparent piece of plastic do anyway?

Thanks!

I would like to install a backup camera in my 2012 Mazda5, especially with my 5% tint making it difficult to see out at night. I do not want to replace my head unit from stock and would be interested in the camera and a mirror monitor setup. Can you recommend any specific cameras/monitors or any vendors to search for? Thanks.

Do you have a pic of how it looks after installed? What does that transparent piece of plastic do anyway?

Thanks!

You can see it in the video, I did not take picture but can on the weekend.
I could nor make out the position to make that glass work, so broke off the frame and just double way taped the camera below the license plate light.

I would like to install a backup camera in my 2012 Mazda5, especially with my 5% tint making it difficult to see out at night. I do not want to replace my head unit from stock and would be interested in the camera and a mirror monitor setup. Can you recommend any specific cameras/monitors or any vendors to search for? Thanks.

I've seem some that replace your rear view mirror but have not actually seen one work in person.
They don't to be that bad and mostly usable that I've seen, I'd check reviews on Google.

You can see it in the video, I did not take picture but can on the weekend.
I could nor make out the position to make that glass work, so broke off the frame and just double way taped the camera below the license plate light.

Found it, at 2:37. Cool, looks good enough without that transparent piece. Really wonder what that piece does.

Last edited:
Thats a good write up, I did the write up referenced by that OP if you want another source for info. We used the same company and cameras so thats a wash but I do not own a 2012+ so his hatch info is more appropriate. That being said, its 4 years now and it is still functioning 100%, you get what you pay for. Good luck with it!

Back