Foggy headlight unit

jayzoomz

:
Mazda 5
Hi,

Here is the headlight in question:

20130713_112743.jpg

I originally thought it was due to moisture so tried leaving the rubber seal off the back of the unit so the sun could burn it off but this didn't work.

I think it could be smoke deposits as I have an issue with a bulb and bulb holder so any ideas how I can clean this off? Do I have to take the headlight out and can it be opened?

Can I clean it from the hole where the bulb pushes through?

Thanks

Jay

If its smoke deposits like you say it is. You will have to remove your headlight and "bake" it so you can pry the lens off, clean it, and then re-seal it back together. The hole where the bulb sits in is way to small to try to get anything in there to clean it off.

If its smoke deposits like you say it is. You will have to remove your headlight and "bake" it so you can pry the lens off, clean it, and then re-seal it back together. The hole where the bulb sits in is way to small to try to get anything in there to clean it off.

Thanks for the reply Davicho - are there any guides on how to remove the headlight and bake it?

Thanks for the reply Davicho - are there any guides on how to remove the headlight and bake it?

Google "how to bake your headlights" and you will have a slew of links and video. I tried linking something here for you but this forum blocks it.

Back