Mazda 5 retrofit projectors somebody?

churrosurf

:
protege 5
I'm having problems with my driver side headlight, had to remove the HID's, now using regular halogen Silvania sylverstar, expensives, and still looks like there's no light coming from the headlight. New headlight is kind of expensive, thinking and retrofit, but don't know what kind, size, somebody did this before?

So you still have all of the HID wiring and you want to use a standard bulb in its location?

Take a look at the Retrofit Source website, they have everything you will need to do a retrofit yourself. The process is really very easy, the hardest part is working up the courage to stick your headlights in the oven. You will need a single power kit, not bixenon. If it were me I would go with the TSX projectors and E55 shrouds. For a completely drop in installation you will want the Morimoto Mini kit which literally drops into your OE housing and doesn't require ANY cutting. The real advantage of the TSX over the Morimoto is that the lenses on the TSX are larger and will give you a little more light. HTH, Ross

Definitely check with theretrofitsource. I've actually exchanged a few e-mails with them about one of their retrofit packages. They have a set which includes bi-xenon projectors, ballasts, lamps, wiring, and a mounting bracket for about $300. They have brackets for a number of cars, including the 3, but not the five. On the 3 the high beam reflector is attached to the stock projector, so unless you do a lot of cutting or fab something up yourself there wouldn't be anything to attached the reflector to.

I may be inheriting a 2008 Mz5 with halogen lamps and if I do get it I'd love to do a retrofit like this. From what TRS said they just haven't had the chance to look inside Mz5 headlight housings. I imagine if they did they'd be able to make a similar install bracket to hold projectors.

Back