I finally did it four!

:
03 p5, 92 miata
well everyone, the time has finally come :D. now while i didn't pull off an msm like the rest of you, i did land a sweet 92' mx5 in sunburst yellow. not sure of the production number just yet, waiting for a reply email. It has its little body blemishes which will be fixed up by next spring, but the car runs great and doesnt really need much of anything at the moment aside from a new valve cover gasket.

Got it with about 86,500 miles on it in Columbus and drove back to CT with it. Now its sitting over 87,600. Car spent its whole live in CA by the pacific and now it spends its time by the atlantic (sorta, inland CT now :p ). Zero rust on it, so weird looking at the underside and just seeing it all clean.

Already ordered the R-package front lip for it. Plans for suspension and turbo are down the road but will take my time with them. My racing friend thinks i should do a season of stock class auto-x before I do too much to it, so ill listen to him and probably do that.

Time for pics! (sorry for it being picture heavy for first post!)

the top, interior, and engine look like they are in great shape. the body isn't terrible, considering it is a 20+ year old car.

I'd say you found a winner!

Congrats again Kyle! She looks pretty damn good for 21yo.

taking it to my first autox this sunday :D

also have some new parts coming in. R package lip, k&n drop in, vc gasket, fuel filter. might be ordering some koni yellows in next day or two as well

I love that color Kyle! Looking forward to seeing it at LRP next month!!

you sure will! i need to keep updating this thread with pics. a few things have been done to it, some autox, more mods to come this weekend. ill try and update it with pics tonight! work computer is kinda slow and things like google drive and photobucket dont work too well :/

well im not neglecting my own thread much....

so recently I got my koni yellows w/fat cat bumpstops installed and they make a huge difference. cant wait to autox it again and see how the handling has changed.

also got a hard dog hitch for cheap so i can eventually tow a little trailer for the autox trips and track days that ill do. but for now it will move the bike around :)

made up some magnets for the FCSCC club where i get to use the number 404

also about 2 weeks back i had an over heating issue where the gauge would rise up to pretty hot, then drop, then rise up again. well the car has 12 year old coolant in it so I decided to change it out and found the thermostat housing to be clogged up with some brown gunk. didnt get a pic of it but here is the thermostat itself

annnnnd wrinkle black VC :)

so that is all for now. hopefully in the future ill update more frequently

I think you'd be the I did it too #5..... Hehe I had the "I did it too + 2?!" thread...

Nice miata though. Love it!

Columbus ohio? Nice... i think i saw that one. Good get yo, i love the sunburst yellow

I think you'd be the I did it too #5..... Hehe I had the "I did it too + 2?!" thread...

Nice miata though. Love it!

well we can change it to 5 then :)

i think a roll bar is quickly in my future, so i can then track the thing next year!

kyle, met the former owner of your miata on the mazda-speed forum yesterday, he was thrilled to see the car go to someone that will be caring for it and enjoying as well. i sent him a pic from the autox you posted. he really likes you...guess he hasn't got to know you real well yet!! jk ;)

I missed this thread when it was first posted. Very nice find there! I've driven a few of these. Very tight fit for someone my size but still a blast.

Back