Help identifying trim level of an 2008 Mazda5

Charbucias

:
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Hi everyone,

I'm in the midst of negotiating a used 08 Mazda5 with leather and 16k miles on the clock. Unfortunately, the Toyota dealership selling the vehicle does not know what trim level ( touring, grand touring) it is, and In my opinion, this information is vital for the negotiating proess.--What are some telltale signs of what trim level this Mazda5 is? Any particular features I should look out for?? Any help is truly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Carlos

If it's factory leather, it's a grand touring. I assume it has a sunroof as well.

Leather is the dead giveaway, HID headlights too. I "think" the sunroof, spoiler, and LED tail lamps can be options on the Touring. That said, I think what you have there is a Sport with some factory add on options ;) :D

Leather is the dead giveaway, HID headlights too. I "think" the sunroof, spoiler, and LED tail lamps can be options on the Touring. That said, I think what you have there is a Sport with some factory add on options ;) :D

Lol... That's exactly what I suspect ;-D

If it's factory leather, it's a grand touring. I assume it has a sunroof as well.

Thanks for your replies.-- I don't know if the car has HIDs; I'll have to find out. The car definitely has leather, a sunroof, and seems to have a small 'extension' spoiler. The learher seems to be from factory (leather fits snuggly to seats and the seams appear very straight), but I don't know how to tell it apart from an aftermarket or a dealer-installed leather kit. -- Having said that, although these guidelines point towards this Mazda5 being a Grand Touring model, what's throwing me off is that the salesperson is now claiming that it's a Touring model.-- I'll definitely check out the low-beams later today to settle it.

One last question: is it possible that one of these trim levels has a darker headlight housing? The headlights on the other Mazda5 that I'm considering (also an 08 MY) do not seem the same. Is there anything to this or are my eyes playing tricks on me??

Once again, thank you very much for the help. Hope you guys have a great weekend.

Cheers,

Carlos

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 276
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 273
Grand tourings also have heated front seats (switches in front of center cup holders) and rain-sensing wipers (has "Auto" on the stalk). The easiest way to know for sure is check the tail lights:

Sport and Touring:
2008_mazda_mazda5_passenger-minivan_touring_edetail_oem_1_500.jpg

Grand Touring:
2008_mazda_mazda5_passenger-minivan_grand-touring_fbdg_oem_1_500.jpg

It looks like a gt for sure
The head lights have the black accents ,it also has the fog lights

I think I'm well qualified to answer this since I have a 2008 Touring and my brother has a 2008 Grand Touring (GT). There seems to be both correct and incorrect facts posted here about the differences between the two. As was previously mentioned, I know the factory GT has this beyond the Touring trim:
the HIDs, a "leveling adjustment" for those HID lights on the left hand drivers dash below the steering wheel
auto rain sensing headlights
bluetooth in stereo for phone
factory leather and heated front seats with switches in front of center cupholder (as already mentioned)

BOTH the Touring and GT have the LED tail lights. Only Sport has bulbs for 2008. Both have the ground effects, fogs and sunroof that does not come on the Sport.

Grand tourings also have heated front seats (switches in front of center cup holders) and rain-sensing wipers (has "Auto" on the stalk). The easiest way to know for sure is check the tail lights:

Sport and Touring:
2008_mazda_mazda5_passenger-minivan_touring_edetail_oem_1_500.jpg

Grand Touring:
2008_mazda_mazda5_passenger-minivan_grand-touring_fbdg_oem_1_500.jpg

Um...
You're mixing years here, buddy.
The round lamps are on the 06-07 all trim levels.
The Sport 08-10 have no LED brake lights, instead have a giant mound of red plastic on the outsides where the std incandescent bulb lights it up. Its about the same size/shape as the signal/backup cluster on the Touring/GT pictured in red above.

Um...
You're mixing years here, buddy.
The round lamps are on the 06-07 all trim levels.
The Sport 08-10 have no LED brake lights, instead have a giant mound of red plastic on the outsides where the std incandescent bulb lights it up. Its about the same size/shape as the signal/backup cluster on the Touring/GT pictured in red above.

CORRECTION MY FRIEND:

The round clear lenses were for all trims in 06-07. Sport had chrome housings and touring and GT were gunmetal housings. 08-10 did come with the LED tail lamps but only on touring and GT models. The sport models got the lens that looks like the LED lamp but instead has bulbs and its a squarish red and clear lens.

Nice thread. So the 2010 Mazda 5 with manual transmission and no sunroof I picked up is actually the Sport model? It's beyond bizarre to me that Mazda didn't badge these cars. I need to find a "Sport" decal from another car model somewhere to stick on the back :)

Back