Post Pics of your Aftermarket Mazda5 Stereo Setups

I just noticed today that when I have the radio playing without running other accessories such as GPS, DVD, TV, Web Browser, etc the Band (AM/FM) along with the Radio Frequency displays in the Dashboard Screen.

Has anyone tried to go the tablet route. I have a few at home and would have everything I need with a tablet in dash.

Anyone given it a shot?

im using Android about 2 years

b2c7f0es-960.jpg

I just spoke with the seller in China, he is willing to ship directly from China to your door. You can contact him directly.

Seller Wechat: 13539983574
He can read/type English.

* I am not affiliated with the seller. All buying will not go through me.*

Hey Asian_xl, Can you give some updates on how and what you like and dislike about the android unit so far? I'm really debating one just to update the dash. I would love to have it display Torque gauges all the time and flip between Google maps or some music app. Loading some emulators for the kids might be fun too.

My biggest pet-peeve with android unit or any PC based system is the boot up time. How long does is take to boot up on a cold start? I've read that there's a sleep option now where if the unit is off for less than 1hr (not sure on duration??), it can boot up much faster - is this true? The video below shows this but doesn't have details. Does it have an internal battery or draws more dark current from the car's main battery to stay alive - if so for how long? Does the touch screen feel like glass or can you feel the cheap touch overlay? There are various price points due to hardware specs but the CPU and RAM specs look good on the top end units. Do you find quad core 1.5GHz and 2GB RAM responsive/fast enough? It uses DDR3 ram, do you know if it is upgradeable, max capacity? Does it have HD radio? Did you get add any options that's worth the money (DAB+, TPMS, etc.)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8Ngj2nqg3o&t=1495s
1-touch-screen-radio-gps-H2002G_04.jpg

8.1 https://www.seicane.com/android-gps...sb-carplay-wifi-obd2-dab-camera-support-h684?
9.0 https://www.seicane.com/aftermarket...gFrl5iSXWziYBTYOM-xHQnUD0YlFzdFhoC5_MQAvD_BwE

Hot start time: average 2s
Warm start time: average 31s
Cold start time: average 32s
For anyone curious, I missed this tidbit of details on the 9.0 system. Question still remains what is the off duration to qualify Hot vs Warm vs Cold...? Still, 32s cold start will feel like an eternity to me..

Also, no HD radio - bummer for US folks.

From what I read based off 'other' android based units, RAM is soldered on to the board and not easily user upgradeable. Makes sense since the unit housing is pretty compact, roughly the size of a single DIN. Better off buying the latest unit for latest hardware. Also, it looks like they are slowly releasing android units with 4GB RAM (other competitors are 4GB RAM). I'd wait for that... 2GB seems short by today's standards.

Torque gauges all the time

You should forget about it, it is not that great, words are small, focus on the road instead

My biggest pet-peeve with android unit or any PC based system is the boot up time. How long does is take to boot up on a cold start? I've read that there's a sleep option now where if the unit is off for less than 1hr (not sure on duration??), it can boot up much faster - is this true?

Boot up is like normal android phone. I have no problem with it. By the time I leave my parking lot gate, the system is ready.

The video below shows this but doesn't have details. Does it have an internal battery or draws more dark current from the car's main battery to stay alive - if so for how long? Does the touch screen feel like glass or can you feel the cheap touch overlay?

It has no battery and it shouldn't have it anyway, you have a big ass 60ah battery beside the engine already. The system shuts down entirely when the engine is off. The touch screen is not hard glass, but it's capacitive screen, so controlling is good, but expect a lot of finger print.

Do you find quad core 1.5GHz and 2GB RAM responsive/fast enough? It uses DDR3 ram, do you know if it is upgradeable, max capacity? Does it have HD radio? Did you get add any options that's worth the money (DAB+, TPMS, etc.)?

- 2GB ram and 32GB rom are more than enough for me, I don't play games with it, google stuff, music are good. It is the launcher that sucks more resource, but the interface looks great, no complaint. It is not PC, dont expect it is upgradable.
- No HD radio
- Sound quality is worse than stock unit, I upgraded with Pioneer compact amp 45w x 4 and 40w speakers, it sounds so awesome now.
- TPMS, it gives USB errors, typical android bug. Get the one that put on the dash (solar power version).

You should forget about it, it is not that great, words are small, focus on the road instead

Boot up is like normal android phone. I have no problem with it. By the time I leave my parking lot gate, the system is ready.

It has no battery and it shouldn't have it anyway, you have a big ass 60ah battery beside the engine already. The system shuts down entirely when the engine is off. The touch screen is not hard glass, but it's capacitive screen, so controlling is good, but expect a lot of finger print.

- 2GB ram and 32GB rom are more than enough for me, I don't play games with it, google stuff, music are good. It is the launcher that sucks more resource, but the interface looks great, no complaint. It is not PC, dont expect it is upgradable.
- No HD radio
- Sound quality is worse than stock unit, I upgraded with Pioneer compact amp 45w x 4 and 40w speakers, it sounds so awesome now.
- TPMS, it gives USB errors, typical android bug. Get the one that put on the dash (solar power version).
Appreciate the feedback. Above is a surprise but not shocking considering there is no physical space for any decent amp/heat sink. At least it has digital equalizer, just needs more powa.

I was really hoping the USB TPMS kits were dual frequency. Everything I find about aftermarket kits seem to run on 433 MHz; US uses 315MHz. I was really hoping I can just use the USB receiver (not use the rim sensor) and have it pair with the OE rim sensor. If using an aftermarket rim sensor, the dash will show TPMS light...

The price is sooo temping...

I can't recall the model number of the amp chip, a lot of so-call 40w x 4 headunits are actually 20w x 4 and it is not RMS.
Some hardcore Russian and Chinese solder Pioneer chipset, but it's still not the level of the stock amp or aftermarket amp.
Anyway, it sounds bad after my HU was upgraded, I have to upgrade it to aftermarket amp.

TPMS does not exist in the past 80-100 years when people used tire pressure gauge regularly. TPMS is nice to have, if it gives you headache, then don't bother with it.

Last edited:
Bring new life to an old Kindle.
jeREWvG.jpg

^^Torque Pro running and loaded with RetroArch. Still need to root the Kindle to use old PS3 controllers and waiting for a CD mount holder to come in. Cost nothing (except the incoming CD phone holder). Not sure why I didn't think of doing this earlier...

Last edited:
I'm looking at one of those android head units too, $170.00 direct from Seicane. the reviews on it look good.

I installed a couple months ago a Sony XAV-AX200 in my car and i am pretty happy with it. My stereo has better sound quality than the stock one and Android Auto works really good.

DSC01239.JPG

Attachments

• DSC01239.JPG
    DSC01239.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 261
Back