Post Pics of your Aftermarket Mazda5 Stereo Setups

Night view

20130710_204005_HDR_zpsd896e196.jpg

What GPS card do you use for the satnav?

I look the look of the Vasy and MrPerception installed radios, very clean and very factory looking! Thanks Vasy for your videos!

Does the RDS (Radio Data System) display Stations Call Letters, Name of Song, and Artist/Band Name?

GPS System:
Does it have Lane Guidance? (Stand alone TomTom units display split screen about 1/5 to 1 mile out showing normal display one side and showing whether you need to be in inner, center, or outer lanes for example during multiple complex freeway change-overs). This is one of the features I have not yet found with testing multiple smart phone apps, keeping me using a Dedicated standalone GPS device.

Does it have Voice Recognition? You state “drive to such and such address in city and state” and it repeats back to let you confirm if you need to change part of your command (such as change the house number, change the street, change the city, etc.) then maps it, or “drive to the nearest McDonald’s, Walmart, Gas Station, Hospital, etc”.

TV:
I am interested to use this when camping to be able to view the local news/weather/events over the Screen with the TV module made for it or pick up a Digital to Analog converter box (if the unit has a built in Analog TV tuner like I have seen some of them list). If you get the TV Tuner Module made for the radio does it use the same antenna as your radio? Does it have a separate TV antenna input. After the Digital Frequency Conversion, most stations around my area are now transmitting over a UHF frequency that I believe may work better with a different style antenna than our cars AM/FM antenna. Wanted to know if anyone has tried this and if they needed to do something different about antenna to effectively pull stations?

Bluetooth:
Does it work well with Android Phones and to what level? Does it display Android Phone Contacts, Does it display and play Android Phone Music, Does it use it's own voice commands to interface with the Android phone?

Audio Search:
What choices does it allow? Can you search by Genre, Category, Artist, etc? Can a USB Jump Drive, Micro SD with music be plugged in to play from, any issues?

Display: Is there a screen shut off or screen saver to turn the screen off (or mostly darken it/put up the Mazda Logo?) if you are just wanting to listen to audio with the car off for a few hours so you can extend your battery life?

1zqyp1f.jpg

Eonon G2110 Android 4.4.2 double din unit

Favorite part is the dual SD card slots (GPS and media)

Using OsmAnd for Nav, very different from iGO or TomTom but works well offline.

Bluetooth works great, as well as audio streaming.

Mazda boot up screen.

Has rear USB for flash drives and a rear AUX input.

I rooted the unit and now my bluetooth or wifi OBD2 adapter works well with torque.

cheers.

Last edited:
I'm not so good with electronics what audio stores if any can help me in Ontario Canada, any websites worth suggesting?

Does anyone have pictures of the Scosche kit for the first generation 5's?

I'll post my setup within the week when I get it installed.

I ordered the Stereo from the link I provided earlier in this thread, it was plug and play, unplug the factory stereo and plug in the new one, the CanBus Adapter allows the steering wheel controls to still work, when you put the car in reverse the Sound mutes and the Infared Backup (Night Vision) backup camera automatically comes on and displays.
I wanted a unit to look like it had been installed at the factory. I wired thinking I might later put a Bose Spare tire Subwoofer in, but the sound is so good (much more bass than factory) I don't think I need a Sub Woofer with this unit.

Last edited:
Hi I am interested in similar unit. I saw from Eonon website that there is a newer model G2110ZV. Where did you bought yours? Do you have to pay import duties and taxes? I am also from Canada but in Montreal.
10647043_10153168029954073_4225842634848342810_n.jpg

Eonon G2110 Android 4.4.2 double din unit

Favorite part is the dual SD card slots (GPS and media)

Using OsmAnd for Nav, very different from iGO or TomTom but works well offline.

Bluetooth works great, as well as audio streaming.

Mazda boot up screen.

Has rear USB for flash drives and a rear AUX input.

I rooted the unit and now my bluetooth or wifi OBD2 adapter works well with torque.

cheers.

also a Canadian specific question, does Crutchfield carry the 05-10 mazda5 dash kit for 2 din units?

I like the Eonon unit as well, but too bad they don't make one for the older mazda 5, they do however make a universal 2 din unit, but not sure if the steering control will work or do i need a car specific wiring harness to install a universal 2 din Android unit?

also a Canadian specific question, does Crutchfield carry the 05-10 mazda5 dash kit for 2 din units?

I like the Eonon unit as well, but too bad they don't make one for the older mazda 5, they do however make a universal 2 din unit, but not sure if the steering control will work or do i need a car specific wiring harness to install a universal 2 din Android unit?

I don't remember if there was any duty or fees from border patrol. But It wasn't that much to get it shipped, and took less than a week to get here (ontario).

For a wiring harness, you can buy any Mazda 2007 harness with the pigtails at any audio store - then just join the matching colours with the harness that comes with the stereo. For the steering wheel controls you have to wire two wires separately for it too work - but not too hard. I used the axxess website manual for a mazda 5 as a guide (online manual for their aswc interface). Just use the key1 wire from the deck.

I am looking into fitting one of these new stereos with GPS NAV. I got a Mazda5 2012 Sports. I have actually been following this thread for a while and seeing what type of setups everyone is coming across. I have bought Scosche kit and some other accessories last year. The thing I am wondering now is that could any double din unit be used? It seems with the scosche kit most double din units can be installed and covered up? Thanks in advance for the reply.

I ordered the Stereo from the link I provided earlier in this thread, it was plug and play, unplug the factory stereo and plug in the new one, the CanBus Adapter allows the steering wheel controls to still work, when you put the car in reverse the Sound mutes and the Infared Backup (Night Vision) backup camera automatically comes on and displays.
I wanted a unit to look like it had been installed at the factory. I wired thinking I might later put a Bose Spare tire Subwoofer in, but the sound is so good (much more bass than factory) I don't think I need a Sub Woofer with this unit.

Does your display in the dash still work at all?

I have the same question. I'm researching a head unit to replace the stock radio in my 2013 Sport, and there's plenty of info about retaining steering wheel button function, but very little about the dash display. For some head units, not all, Crutchfield shows an adaptor that says you will lose the dash display...

Specifically, I'm looking for a CarPlay-compatible deck with its own GPS antenna, which means mostly Kenwood or Pioneer.

ETA - I love the OEM look of those decks like yours. I wish the faceplate with knobs and buttons was available separately, and able to be programmed for any head unit.

Last edited:
I just happened to see torquelover had asked a question about if the display in the dash still works. It does display things, but different things than it did with the factory radio. For example when you have the radio on, instead of being a redundant display of the radio station it displays "Radio On" When you are running the GPS it displays "GPS On", there are a few other things it displays as well can't remember exactly but recall something for when you are playing from the DVD player, and also from the USB feed. The only minor thing I have seen is if you are listening to the radio , then you launch the GPS, which I do for my daily drive, the dash display shows "GPS On" and since you don't have the receiver screen on your touch screen you really don't know what station you have, since I only listen to about 2 stations anyway it is not a big deal (I know from the sound of the program if it is "Bob and Tom" or "NPR Radio". When on GPS you can change the radio station either using the steering wheel control or the tuning knob on the radio. Of course you also have the option of pressing SRC to go to your FM tuning, set your station, then press Nav to bring you back to your GPS.

Something neat that happens if you have your GPS running and you receive a phone call, your music (radio/usb/dvd) mutes, display will go into split screen GPS on one side, and your Phone Display on the other so you can see who is calling but at the same time see any turns you may have coming up in your GPS.

Music also mutes when you put car in reverse, backup camera automatically powers up and switches to display on screen, then when you shift back into drive goes back to what it was displaying/playing (ie Music and GPS), to install it is all plug and play with existing wire harness plug ins (didn't cut any wires), and all completely reversible if you ever wanted to go back to factory radio.

Someone else had mentioned about the Mazda Logo displaying during boot up, this has that as well (in fact I can change the logo in a menu to make it anything I want from a menu as the brains of this is the same as used in many other chassis/cases to fit vehicles perfectly, if you search S100 you will find other versions of this for other model cars)

I still love this radio, the sound quality is much better than the factory head unit, it has a sub output which I ran wires to the back when I was running wires for the backup camera, but ended up sounding so much better I decided I didn't need a sub after the install. If something were to major fail on this I would likely get same model to replace it.

By the Way this Unit runs on Windows CE instead of Android (like some of the similar units), even though I run Android on my phones I am fine with the radio running Windows CE, still compatible with phone, no issues.

Back