CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Post Pics of your Aftermarket Mazda5 Stereo Setups

2015 Soul Red 6 Sport Auto 2016 Accord EX Auto

Quote Originally Posted by Whitegrill5 View Post
    I ordered the Stereo from the link I provided earlier in this thread, it was plug and play, unplug the factory stereo and plug in the new one, the CanBus Adapter allows the steering wheel controls to still work, when you put the car in reverse the Sound mutes and the Infared Backup (Night Vision) backup camera automatically comes on and displays.
    I wanted a unit to look like it had been installed at the factory. I wired thinking I might later put a Bose Spare tire Subwoofer in, but the sound is so good (much more bass than factory) I don't think I need a Sub Woofer with this unit.

Does your display in the dash still work at all?

Registered Member

I have the same question. I'm researching a head unit to replace the stock radio in my 2013 Sport, and there's plenty of info about retaining steering wheel button function, but very little about the dash display. For some head units, not all, Crutchfield shows an adaptor that says you will lose the dash display...

Specifically, I'm looking for a CarPlay-compatible deck with its own GPS antenna, which means mostly Kenwood or Pioneer.

ETA - I love the OEM look of those decks like yours. I wish the faceplate with knobs and buttons was available separately, and able to be programmed for any head unit.
    Last edited by acb13013; 07-10-2016 at 06:10 PM.

Registered Member

Mazda 5 Sport

Thread revival!

Registered Member

2007 Mazda5 GT Manual

Very nice!
    Where did you get it in black?

Mazda 5 Sport

I just happened to see torquelover had asked a question about if the display in the dash still works. It does display things, but different things than it did with the factory radio. For example when you have the radio on, instead of being a redundant display of the radio station it displays "Radio On" When you are running the GPS it displays "GPS On", there are a few other things it displays as well can't remember exactly but recall something for when you are playing from the DVD player, and also from the USB feed. The only minor thing I have seen is if you are listening to the radio , then you launch the GPS, which I do for my daily drive, the dash display shows "GPS On" and since you don't have the receiver screen on your touch screen you really don't know what station you have, since I only listen to about 2 stations anyway it is not a big deal (I know from the sound of the program if it is "Bob and Tom" or "NPR Radio". When on GPS you can change the radio station either using the steering wheel control or the tuning knob on the radio. Of course you also have the option of pressing SRC to go to your FM tuning, set your station, then press Nav to bring you back to your GPS.

Something neat that happens if you have your GPS running and you receive a phone call, your music (radio/usb/dvd) mutes, display will go into split screen GPS on one side, and your Phone Display on the other so you can see who is calling but at the same time see any turns you may have coming up in your GPS.

Music also mutes when you put car in reverse, backup camera automatically powers up and switches to display on screen, then when you shift back into drive goes back to what it was displaying/playing (ie Music and GPS), to install it is all plug and play with existing wire harness plug ins (didn't cut any wires), and all completely reversible if you ever wanted to go back to factory radio.

Someone else had mentioned about the Mazda Logo displaying during boot up, this has that as well (in fact I can change the logo in a menu to make it anything I want from a menu as the brains of this is the same as used in many other chassis/cases to fit vehicles perfectly, if you search S100 you will find other versions of this for other model cars)

I still love this radio, the sound quality is much better than the factory head unit, it has a sub output which I ran wires to the back when I was running wires for the backup camera, but ended up sounding so much better I decided I didn't need a sub after the install. If something were to major fail on this I would likely get same model to replace it.

By the Way this Unit runs on Windows CE instead of Android (like some of the similar units), even though I run Android on my phones I am fine with the radio running Windows CE, still compatible with phone, no issues.

Mazda 5 Sport

I just noticed today that when I have the radio playing without running other accessories such as GPS, DVD, TV, Web Browser, etc the Band (AM/FM) along with the Radio Frequency displays in the Dashboard Screen.

Registered Member

2006 mazda 5

Has anyone tried to go the tablet route. I have a few at home and would have everything I need with a tablet in dash.

Anyone given it a shot?

Registered Member

2008, Mazda 5 Grand Touring, LFF7

im using Android about 2 years

https://youtu.be/BYGAV7qKKmM

Registered Member

Mazda 5

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456