View backup camera image while moving forward.

LOEzell

:
2014 CX-5 GT AWD
I have a 2014 CX-5 GT AWD with the tech package. This model has the backup camera that displays its image on the nav screen whenever the vehicle is in reverse. I would like to add a button on the dash that would allow me to display the backup camera image on the nav screen whenever I press the aforementioned button (to view the status of a towed trailer or cargo basket). Does anyone know how difficult it would be to add this feature?

Thanks in advance for you help and advice.

I have thought of that myself, in fact I email Mazda yesterday to ask, but I want to view a caravan rear view camera I have, presently viewed through a separate monitor.

Problem with fitting a monitor on the Mazda is were to put one, without sticking things to the dash?

with my xtrail I just put the monitor in the cubby on the top of the dash.

I have a 2014 CX-5 GT AWD with the tech package. This model has the backup camera that displays its image on the nav screen whenever the vehicle is in reverse. I would like to add a button on the dash that would allow me to display the backup camera image on the nav screen whenever I press the aforementioned button (to view the status of a towed trailer or cargo basket). Does anyone know how difficult it would be to add this feature?

Thanks in advance for you help and advice.

I would have to check but if you go into the maitenance menu on the CX-5 you can use the code to display the backup camera while driving forward.... unfortunately i cant check right now or remember what the code was. You can run through the list in the maintenaince menu and eventually get it.

If you cant figure it out let me know and ill check next time im in the car.

Hi I guess the camera works of the gearbox reversing switch.So the camera can work you will need to tap in to the reverse light circuit secondly a diode will need to be incorporated so when operated from the separate switch that voltage is interrupted from the reversing lights.

I tried this. Works great when stopped, but you can't get into menu mode when driving.

Yes works fine for me while driving... tested it on the way home after my last post. i think the only catch is when you finally decide to exit the maintenance menu it restarts the display system so you have to wait a sec.
But this all happens when driving. Unless they change something on the 2014 model. I have a 2013.

Works for me while driving on a 2014 Touring with tech package too.
This is great, sucky thing is you can't control any audio stuff during.

Yup, I was wrong when I said before that it didn't work while driving. Tried it again and this time it did. I may have pressed the buttons too long before.

Cool.

Back