Trailer Wiring??

MarineMike

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD Sky Blue w/Bose-Moonroof Package
This might sound like a stupid question but I just want to make sure; Is the trailer wiring kit the same for both the 2013 and 2014 CX-5? From what I understand, the wiring is the same on both years. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanks

This might sound like a stupid question but I just want to make sure; Is the trailer wiring kit the same for both the 2013 and 2014 CX-5? From what I understand, the wiring is the same on both years. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanks
I called Curt they told me it is different and they do not have wiring for 2014 for sale. I got my from Mazda dealer.

Just wanted to update everyone on what I found. I called numerous dealers and talked with their techs and parts managers. I also email Mazda and they all said the same thing... The wiring kits for the 2013 and 2014 CX-5s are the SAME.

Not sure if this will be an issue for you or not but the male plug on my trailer that worked fine on my CX-7 doesn't fit the female on my 2014 CX-5.

I guess that was the excuse I needed to upgrade the trailer to LED lights because the lights came with a new harness :)

I installed Curt 56011 T-connector on my cx-5 2014, it work...

plug and play, ez install

I installed Curt 56011 T-connector on my cx-5 2014, it work...

plug and play, ez install

I just ordered the same part earlier today. How hard was it to take the panels off to access the wiring?

Not terrible. There are four plastic push rivets - two on the center trim where the latch is, and one on each side panel once the center is removed. There are are several snap plungers that hold the side panels on. Just take your time and don't force anything. The only thing I don't like is having to hang the harness out of the hatch every time I need it.

Do you guys know if you cut the wires (on the trailer wiring kit) leading from the converter to the 4 flat prong, can you just splice them back together and the lights would still work?

Do you guys know if you cut the wires (on the trailer wiring kit) leading from the converter to the 4 flat prong, can you just splice them back together and the lights would still work?

ehhh if you got curt 56011 your not supposed to have to cut anything, plug and play

ehhh if you got curt 56011 your not supposed to have to cut anything, plug and play

I know. I'm looking at possibly running the wires through the floor so I don't have to have them hanging out the back. But I don't want to drill a hole to fit the plug through. Which is why I was wondering if I cut off the plug that leads to the actual trailer, can I just splice them back together and have everything work like it should?

I guess it would work...but doesnt seem ideal to me

If u actually got the wire under the plastic trim like supposed, just leave the long 4 pin wire that is used to connect to the trailer where the spare tire is. Pull it out when you need it. That what im doing, this way everything is clean and i dont see any useless wire when i open my trunk.

Back