Factory Fog Light Installation

biking4jesus

:
2005 Mazda3 Hatch, 2014 Mazda6 Touring
this was SUPER easy. took me 30 minutes, with a break to poop.

the turn signal/switch stalk takes 2 minutes. you need a philips head screw driver to remove the bottom 2 screws of the steering column cover, and a small flathead to release the tab of the stalk.

instead of removing the whole bumper, i managed to drive the car up on some low ramps (4" lift) and could slide under enough to do the work. i removed 5 push fasteners from each side of the wheel well/bumper and 6 screws plus 1 10mm bolt. that gave me enough to pull the fender liner back out of the way and reach inside. there are no tools needed to remove/attach the fog housing just a few tabs to push back and it will pull out.

the OEM/factory kit includes some bulbs, but i ended up using some yellow ones and added yellow overlays for that jdm look.

no hiccups for me.

2013-06-29%2008.46.00.jpg

2013-06-30%2009.37.41.jpg

2013-06-30%2009.37.56.jpg

2013-06-30%2009.48.36.jpg

I may be retarded, but I gotta ask, first, are the wiring inlets pre-installed, so it's a plug and play deal once the console light switch is hooked up? Also, did you remove the skid plate? Nice work. I think you make it sound a bit too easy though...

@magyar6 - yes the wiring is already there. there will be wired sockets/plugs attached to the back of the blank fog housing covers. unclip from the black trim piece, and then plug in your bulbs. that easy. i did not remove the whole engine shroud/cover. there are 5-6 screws and 5-6 push fasteners i removed on each side to gain enough access into the back of the fog area. drove the car on some low ramps, about 4" rise. the switch/stalk combo was pretty easy as well. took a little bit of force to unclip the steering column cover once the screws were removed.

Installed the foglight kit and switch on my Touring last Saturday....front end looks completed now....maybe upgrade bulbs someday down the road....

Installed the foglight kit and switch on my Touring last Saturday....front end looks completed now....maybe upgrade bulbs someday down the road....

nice work! i definitely want o upgrade bulbs too down the road. 35W hid kid most likely as i did on my mz3

Back