2015 Mazda CX-5?

Im surprised if they can not order one for you, since they sell them like that in EU.
It`s only a matter of decisions from Mazda dealers.

My car is a 2.0, AWD, GT, Tech, Manual

Actually Sport, but thats the name of the top version over here.

Norwegian CX-5 line is as follows
Go, Advance, Advance Plus, Sport

Mazda announced that they are going to a four-year life-cycle, with the mid-cycle refresh coming two years after the introduction. The CX-5 was introduced as a 2013 model, so it should get a refresh for the 2015 model year. I saw it on autoblog.com, but now I can't find the article.

Also, it is rumored that Mazda is working a smaller CUV, which reportedly will be named CX-3, to take on smaller CUV's, such as the Nissan Juke, Buick Encore, as well as Honda's upcoming Fit-based CUV. According to autoblog.com's article, it will be offered with a new 1.6-liter diesel engine, as well as - get this - a dinky 1.3-liter gasoline engine. I am guessing the 1.3 will be supercharged. AWD is not expected to be offered.

Last edited:
There is a 2014.5 coming out in September 2013. Very minor updates like a straight line automatic shift instead of the current gated automatic shifter. I was told there is a new blue colour. Nothing that swayed me to wait for the 2014.5 model over the incentives for the 2014 now. Hope this helps.

...straight line automatic shift instead of the current gated automatic shifter....

Do you happen to have a picture somewhere? That's actually something I'd be interested in getting.

I highly doubt that they would bother to change out the shifter in a mid year update, makes no sense. Perhaps in the 2015 model.

The entertainment system in the Mazda 3 is probably the ugliest I have ever seen. It's too bad, would have considered buying a 3 at some point, outside is gorgeous. Inside that dash makes me want to vomit.

Im surprised if they can not order one for you, since they sell them like that in EU.
It`s only a matter of decisions from Mazda dealers.

I highly doubt that they would bother to change out the shifter in a mid year update, makes no sense. Perhaps in the 2015 model.

It is surprising for sure, but so much of the assembly process is automated these days. Cars with stick shift get mated to specific engines and when they're assembling euro spec cars so much is different that they can't just roll it onto the container ship heading to America, and they're not going to slow down the production line of American cars to slap a manual transmission on one of them.

I think I'll email Mazda again to double check. The local dealers obviously don't know how to do anything more than use the website configurator.

Do you happen to have a picture somewhere? That's actually something I'd be interested in getting.

I'm thinking it should look something like the 2014 Mazda3 automatic shifter.

36-2014-mazda3-fd.jpg

Sorry, I guess you need to be a paid subscriber to access content. Here's what it said.

"CX-5: Like the Mazda6, the compact crossover will get a new interior and an updated fascia for the 2015 model year, though the interior changes will be less substantial than on the Mazda6.

The infotainment and touch screen used in the Mazda3 are also expected to be used in the CX-5 when the update arrives in the first half of 2014."

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/article/20130826/OEM04/308269968/#ixzz2d8Ge7qeq
Follow us: @Automotive_News on Twitter | AutoNews on Facebook

Man, sounds like I should wait. I was hoping to purchase one this winter but there's no rush I suppose.

Told ya so :)

Aha by Harman will be integrated into a huge batch of makers in the automotive industry. It is practically a future-proof infotainment software. Porsche, Subaru, and Mazda are the first to get it.

Not exactly applicable for a large quantity of us as many have chosen to stick with their '13+'14 MZ6 and CX-5 for at least a few years. With that said, all we have to do now is wait to find out how easily interchangeable are the new parts. We all know, these three platforms are modular to a substantial degree. We all know the "infotainment" (too much credit given using such word) in our CX-5 is COMPLETE TURD in terms of integration, ergonomics, features, and efficiency.

Last edited:
wow, mazda is already redesigning 2014 mazda6 dash based on the upcoming mazda3.

Mazda3 dash look pretty simple, yet functional but it fails when having the large tachometer dead center in the instrument panel without a manual gearbox.

How does it fail? I pay more attention to my tach than my speedometer in most situations... Be it the center tach in my RX-8 that is a manual with a digital speedo, or my CX-5 which is an auto. I wish the CX-5's tach was bigger and more centered.

wow, the 2014 mazda3 really puts the current CX-5 to shame.

kind of makes me wish I waited :( :(

How's that? I sat in the a 2014 mazda3 yesterday, no such concern. If I had bought a Corolla or Civic maybe I'd be concerned.

Sorry, I guess you need to be a paid subscriber to access content. Here's what it said.

"CX-5: Like the Mazda6, the compact crossover will get a new interior and an updated fascia for the 2015 model year, though the interior changes will be less substantial than on the Mazda6.

The infotainment and touch screen used in the Mazda3 are also expected to be used in the CX-5 when the update arrives in the first half of 2014."

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/article/20130826/OEM04/308269968/#ixzz2d8Ge7qeq
Follow us: @Automotive_News on Twitter | AutoNews on Facebook

First off hello everyone on site! Second is thank you Calcat for the info. I was very very close to buying a 2014 CX-5. I'm going to hold off til the 2015 comes out next year. I hope it comes out before summer. =)

Fingers crossed it will come before June! My lease is up them, and would love to slide into the Nth American Diesel CX-5!

Back