LED Daytime Running Lights

These look pretty cool, but I would be concerned about cost vs. the lifespan of the lights. Anyone has had any problems with them (like they stop working)?

I've been using them every day for around a year and a half since I installed them and they still work perfectly and are as bright as when the day I installed them!
(I see them every day in our buildings' mirror-reflective windows that I park in front of at work)

Last edited:
Sorry to bring back an old thread. I am a new member to this awesome forum.
I have a 2015 mazda5 GT (Canadian) and everything went smooth on the install until I plug the piggy back fuse into the fuse location in the instructions. This caused the engine to die after running for about 3 seconds. I took the fuse out and popped the stock 15A back in and car started but with a check engine light. It caused the engine to throw 6 different codes. I am wondering if my factory HID headlights have anything to do with this issue? Not sure how to get these leds to work. When the key is in acc mode the leds works fine but won't let the engine start. Can you guys tell me what 15a fuse you used for the piggy back?

Cheers

New member looking for help

Over 2 years later after installation, the LED DRL's still work perfectly and are as bright as the day they were installed!

Quick question to those that have installed. Do you need to have a 5 with fog lights already quipped to make this work?

Quick question to those that have installed. Do you need to have a 5 with fog lights already quipped to make this work?

I also would like to know this answer. From looking at the product images of these LED DRL inserts there doesn't appear to be any place to reattach the plastic covers for the fog light openings found on the Mz5 Sport.

I also would like to know this answer. From looking at the product images of these LED DRL inserts there doesn't appear to be any place to reattach the plastic covers for the fog light openings found on the Mz5 Sport.

Yea I'm in the same position, we'd need to find a guinea pig... I mean ummm someone who happens to know

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442703166.730797.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1442703189.810620.jpg

Hey guys! Installed it like 3-4 months ago. And today figured out that wired it incorrectly and when left blink is on - DRL dims on and off. Can someone take a picture on where goes blue and where goes white wire? Thanks...

just disconnect the Dim Function. It would look way better. otherwise sounds like you need to connect it to the fog lights or high beams.. whatever you want the DRL to Dim when activated.

Hey guys! Installed it like 3-4 months ago. And today figured out that wired it incorrectly and when left blink is on - DRL dims on and off. Can someone take a picture on where goes blue and where goes white wire? Thanks...

Did anyone figure this out? Right now I have the 2014 GT model and I can't figure out how to wire it for a DRL... Which wire to which wire. Right now it works when the low beam headlight turns on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got a 2012 Mazda 5 Sport and just ordered the LED fog lights today. I'll post how the install goes once I receive the item. Feel free to ask questions as I'll be active on this thread for awhile.
Much thanks to the original poster and contributors. It is SUPER HARD to find all this information. Cheers!

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Latest posts

Back