CX-5 Ebay Fog Assembly DRLs

Alright so I finally found some time to install these. I went the easier route and picked up a fuse tap, no splicing required if you want the led drls on all the time like Nis240sxt, which is what I did. It took maybe 35 min to do the whole thing. I didn't remove the bumper, but installed through the wheel well and removed parts of the plastic under belly to route the wiring. Overall, I like the quality of the parts. The only downside is now I have to buy LEDs for my fog and the stock drl. :D

Last edited:
Well Done...

Waiting to receive them. Maybe today.

I think i'll install these tomorrow.

Did you follow the official instruction?

Done it yesterday.

So, i confirm, it's quite easy to install. Did it in 45min.

The only thing is the DRLs are still on, and i'd like to desactivate them. I tried to follow the notice to disable them, and after 10 attempts, they are still running.
So i just disconnect the plug from the DRLs, and it's working.

Also, do you know how to put them off when the xenon are on. In France, it is not allowed to have the LED DRLs with xenon.

Thanks if someone got the answer. (bowdown)

Here is a pict:

yd83.jpg

b2oc.jpg

de4q.jpg

I have completed my install recently but haven't gone around to work with the dim/off function of the LEDs. The blue wire (when attached to a 12v switchable source) will dim the LED when there is current. The white (when attached to a 12v switchable source) will turn off the LED when there is current.

For future reference, the best way to install this is via accessing the panel directly below the fog light. There should be 3 bolts that need to be removed, which will allow your hand to reach in to unclip the OEM fog cover and to connect the LED wiring.

I have completed my install recently but haven't gone around to work with the dim/off function of the LEDs. The blue wire (when attached to a 12v switchable source) will dim the LED when there is current. The white (when attached to a 12v switchable source) will turn off the LED when there is current.

For future reference, the best way to install this is via accessing the panel directly below the fog light. There should be 3 bolts that need to be removed, which will allow your hand to reach in to unclip the OEM fog cover and to connect the LED wiring.

Same, i dunno how to dim the LEDs

Anyone have instructions to remove the factory foglight covers? I heard its a pain :-(

You can pry it out (just the cover), or remove the bumper. It is not difficult ro remove the bumper, I've done it twice, and will be doing it a 3rd when I get the 5k drl's I ordered instead of the 4300k I received.

You can pry it out (just the cover), or remove the bumper. It is not difficult ro remove the bumper, I've done it twice, and will be doing it a 3rd when I get the 5k drl's I ordered instead of the 4300k I received.

Chris...

Okay so I installed the Curtis Class III hitch - the rubber muffler mounts are a huge pain. Class III is a heavier hitch and requires another person to help with the install.

I partially installed the eBay fog LED's. The fog light covers is a pain and then running the wires across the lower bumper to the other LED. I did not have to remove the bumper.

I'm assuming this is correct... connect the fuse tape to the 'black box' at the end of the red wire to the car's 10A fuse?

I haven't decided how I want to wire up the LEDs. Questions...

1. where is the sidemarker wires?

2. should I pick up some fuse t-taps instead of the standard taps that came with the LEDs?

3. sounds like I have 2 choices and is this correct?
a. LED dimming: white wire to green(?) headlight; blue wire to (brown?) sidemarker
b. Always on: blue wire to headlight or sidemarker; white wire would go to??

Also do you have the tech or non-tech package? I'm assuming your getting 5000K halogens for your high beams will continue to work?

Last edited:
Chris...

Okay so I installed the Curtis Class III hitch - the rubber muffler mounts are a huge pain. Class III is a heavier hitch and requires another person to help with the install.

I partially installed the eBay fog LED's. The fog light covers is a pain and then running the wires across the lower bumper to the other LED. I did not have to remove the bumper.

I'm assuming this is correct... connect the fuse tape to the 'black box' at the end of the red wire to the car's 10A fuse?

I haven't decided how I want to wire up the LEDs. Questions...

1. where is the sidemarker wires?

2. should I pick up some fuse t-taps instead of the standard taps that came with the LEDs?

3. sounds like I have 2 choices and is this correct?
a. LED dimming: white wire to green(?) headlight; blue wire to (brown?) sidemarker
b. Always on: blue wire to headlight or sidemarker; white wire would go to??

Also do you have the tech or non-tech package? I'm assuming your getting 5000K halogens for your high beams will continue to work?

Seems like you got your answer in another thread; I have not installed those myself, however I did have a tedious trial and error (compounded by the fact that the taps were not pushing through the wire enough without me cutting it a bit, which I did not realize until like 2hrs later)when installing the resistors for my switchback LED's. And I have Tech HIDS, highbeam/lowbeam are toggled with a shutter.

Pretty quick and easy install. Took me about 45minutes in a light rain. Could do it in 20minutes tops next time. Here are some pointers I have:

1) To remove the plastic fog light cover, use a flat head screw driver to pry cover off at bottom inside corner that goes inwards towards the middle of the car.

2)No need to remove the bumper or bottom panels. Only need to gain access to fog light access panel. Believe there are 5 screws and 1 bolt for each side.

3)DO NOT remove fog light assembly. Too much hassle. Simply remove bottom bolt/screw on assembly. This allows the assembly to tilt up and down. Tilt assembly down and insert cable through the top. If you use your other hand to feel through the backside, you can see/feel the big opening. I did use a screw driver to nudge it down a bit.

4)Run cables through inside of engine bay and not through the grill.

5)I used my own zip ties and wouldn't use the provided fuse taps. Pretty cheap.

That's all I got. Quick and easy. I'll have them running once I buy another add a fuse and will post a pic with updated ijdm led drls and ijdm led fogs.

However I do have a concern...what happens when the bulbs go out? :/ Buy a whole new set?

1) To remove the plastic fog light cover, use a flat head screw driver to pry cover off at bottom inside corner that goes inwards towards the middle of the car.

I actually just squeeze the tabs from the back and the cover popped out enough that I didn't have to use a flathead and risk scratching paint. Worked pretty well for both sides.

Using a fuse tap and you may skip the provided inline fuse. For always on, don't hook up the blur or white wire. For dimming, hook up the blue wire to whatever 12v source when triggered (I.e.: side markers or headlights). For turning off when triggered, hook the white cable to the 12v source use to trigger (I.e.: headlights).

Good luck!

So I finally did this install on the weekend. I didn't remove the bumper, just the 3 screws near the fog lights - boy was it a tight fit for the hand!!!

Anyway I want to confirm where you hook up wiring. I had connected the red wire (12v) to the DRL fuse in the fuse box via a fuse tap. This made the lights turn on but they DO NOT turn off, not even when the car is off and I walk away. Would someone be able to confirm of provide a picture of where they wired this into the fuse box?

Secondly, I want to hook it up to the indicators and headlights, I can only find a fuse for "hazard lights" in the fuse box. Can any one confirm if this is the correct fuse to connect the blue wire to?

You should use the fuse for the instrument panel or fuse #41 in the fuse box, it should turn the LED on and off with the ignition. Also I decided to dim the LED at night but the instruction is wrong, you should tap the yellow/brown wire from the position light NOT the white/brown wire. The white/brown is 12V but it's use for the signal so if you tap into this, the LED will blink with the left signal (actually goes dim and bright), I didn't see the LED dim when I tested so I thought it must be the other wire, confirm it when I turn on the left blinker.

Last edited:
Thanks tdman - I got the fog lights working now with your instructions. For others who have a similar problem it's also the only 10amp fuse in the fusebox that you need to connect to.

I also have no luck with the turn signal. I have the same problem where it flashes off and on, as the indicators flash.

Thanks tdman - I got the fog lights working now with your instructions. For others who have a similar problem it's also the only 10amp fuse in the fusebox that you need to connect to.

I also have no luck with the turn signal. I have the same problem where it flashes off and on, as the indicators flash.

So did you get the LED to dim correctly now or it's still flash with the signal? I wish we have headlight cleaner like in Euroupean or Australian models.

So did you get the LED to dim correctly now or it's still flash with the signal? I wish we have headlight cleaner like in Euroupean or Australian models.

My LED still does not dim correctly, it flashes along with the indicators - which I find annoying so have temporarily disconnected.

Not all the European/Australian models have the headlight cleaner and they charge over $50,000 in Australia for the ones that have them - such a rip off!

Do your LEDs dim correctly?

My LED still does not dim correctly, it flashes along with the indicators - which I find annoying so have temporarily disconnected.

Not all the European/Australian models have the headlight cleaner and they charge over $50,000 in Australia for the ones that have them - such a rip off!

Do your LEDs dim correctly?

Yes my LED dim correctly now, I switch the wire tap to the yellow/brown wire from the indicator light. You must have the wire tap to the white/brown wire as the instruction like I did before but the instruction was wrong. Just remove the tap from the current wire (don't worry it doesn't damage the wire, the tap just cut through the shielding and touch the wire, just use electrical tape to cover it after remove the tap). Tap the wire to the other wire should be yellow/brown with the blue wire from the LED and you should be good.

Just got these too. Paid for EMS (air freight) and I think it got to CA within a week. Fog light bezel was not hard, just reach behind and push the clips inwards, I started with the bottom and worked my way up (if you need reference to where the clips are, look at the new led fog bezel to locate clips). No need to remove bumper for this install.

Ran the wiring through the engine bay also. I ran it along the factory wiring above radiator, you can see the thick wire loom. Also used my own zip ties. I tapped into headlight + wire for dimming when the headlight is on. Very straight forward, forgot the color of the headlight + wire though, but there are only two wires for headlight and the ground was a common ground color scheme.

Ebay seller from Taiwan is legit (I think it was Mitaccessories).

Back