CX-5 Ebay Fog Assembly DRLs

Nevermind, I have figured it out they work great!!
I'm a little confused. I'm looking at the directions and I can't figure out where to tie in the White and Blue wires. Can someone clarify? I'm going to be ordering them soon. Also, where is that headlamp stabilizer located in the engine bay? Is that where you would tie in the white and blue wires?

Thanks

The stabilizer is under the headlight. The white wire is connected to the headlamp stabilizer red/green wire. By connecting the white wire, the leds are turned off when the headlights turn on. The blue one is the one I could not figure out what to connect it to. The instructions say the brown/white wire but the only one I can find is on the parking light that is on the drivers side. The purpose for this I am guessing is to have the leds lit when the parking lights are on. To make the work easy remove your bumper. Make sure you put a blanket down so you can put the bumper on it. Be careful to disconnect the fog lights before you take the bumper off. I hope this helps.

The stabilizer is under the headlight. The white wire is connected to the headlamp stabilizer red/green wire. By connecting the white wire, the leds are turned off when the headlights turn on. The blue one is the one I could not figure out what to connect it to. The instructions say the brown/white wire but the only one I can find is on the parking light that is on the drivers side. The purpose for this I am guessing is to have the leds lit when the parking lights are on. To make the work easy remove your bumper. Make sure you put a blanket down so you can put the bumper on it. Be careful to disconnect the fog lights before you take the bumper off. I hope this helps.

Thank you so much for the info Zeal Red. Love this website. Unfortunately I don't have the Tech Pkg and that's where I'm missing the headlamp stabilizer. I'm guessing that I can hook up the white wire to the positive lead on the headlight bulb which should trigger the LEDS off when I turn the headlight on. I think I will take your advise and remove the bumper. Do you know if there is a link on this website showing how to remove the front bumper?

Thanks

Thank you so much for the info Zeal Red. Love this website. Unfortunately I don't have the Tech Pkg and that's where I'm missing the headlamp stabilizer. I'm guessing that I can hook up the white wire to the positive lead on the headlight bulb which should trigger the LEDS off when I turn the headlight on. I think I will take your advise and remove the bumper. Do you know if there is a link on this website showing how to remove the front bumper?

Thanks

Nevermind. Found the instructions for installing the CX-5 foglights.

Sorry so can I just clarify if you have existing drl's when you install these you can have both of them working at the same time? Does anyone have a photo of the new drl's and the inbuilt ones working together? Am interested to know what it would look like. Many thanks.

Where did you get these instructions from? I purchased these using the eBay link that OP posted and my instructions are different from the one you posted. Nowhere in mine does it say to remove 10A red fuse, and connect 10A fuse immediately afterwards (?). What's the point of removing the fuse and connecting it again right afterwards? Any info would help, I want to install mine soon! =)

The instructions suppose to come with the box, assume you got the same fog LED. I got the same instructions for mine.
You remove the 10A fuse from the fuse box and then using the supplied 10A fuse I think or you can use the one you removed don't remember for the red wire that will supply the power to the control box, look carefully at the red wire, there is 2 slots for the fuse, I don't know why they don't just put one in. If you look in the car manual this fuse is for the instrument panel, so you need this fuse as well as the one on the red wire for the LED control box, the red wire will be put into where the 10A fuse slot was. Sorry I don't have any picture, I hope this will clear thing up.

How does the color of these look? Just placing my order for led pw13s and h11s from ijdm. Don't want to have multiple colors of everything :p

The instructions suppose to come with the box, assume you got the same fog LED. I got the same instructions for mine.
You remove the 10A fuse from the fuse box and then using the supplied 10A fuse I think or you can use the one you removed don't remember for the red wire that will supply the power to the control box, look carefully at the red wire, there is 2 slots for the fuse, I don't know why they don't just put one in. If you look in the car manual this fuse is for the instrument panel, so you need this fuse as well as the one on the red wire for the LED control box, the red wire will be put into where the 10A fuse slot was. Sorry I don't have any picture, I hope this will clear thing up.

Mine did come with instructions, they're just not the same as the one previously posted here. I used this exact link...

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

It doesn't come with a 10A fuse as far as I can tell. It comes with a 5A fuse that is in serial with the red wire. Nothing in the instructions about removing a 10A fuse and using a supplied 10A fuse.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/MIT-MAZDA-CX-5-CX5-2012-2013-LED-fog-lamp-cover-DRL-daytime-running-light-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/82EAAMXQ9qpRRnJH/$T2eC16ZHJIIE9qTYLSWWBRRnJHOwTQ~~60_57.JPG

Went ahead and just made the purchase! Should be in between sept 25th and October 11th!

Mine did come with instructions, they're just not the same as the one previously posted here. I used this exact link...

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

It doesn't come with a 10A fuse as far as I can tell. It comes with a 5A fuse that is in serial with the red wire. Nothing in the instructions about removing a 10A fuse and using a supplied 10A fuse.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/MIT-MAZDA-CX-5-CX5-2012-2013-LED-fog-lamp-cover-DRL-daytime-running-light-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/82EAAMXQ9qpRRnJH/$T2eC16ZHJIIE9qTYLSWWBRRnJHOwTQ~~60_57.JPG

You need both the 5A and the 10A, use the 10A you remove from the fuse box. The 5A is for the LED control box and the 10A is for the car instrument panel because you remove the fuse from that location and now you just use it through the red wire. Not sure if what you got is not from the same people some of us here bought it. Mine instructions came exactly the same as the one posted here in color, they even include a business card if you want to contact them.

You need both the 5A and the 10A, use the 10A you remove from the fuse box. The 5A is for the LED control box and the 10A is for the car instrument panel because you remove the fuse from that location and now you just use it through the red wire. Not sure if what you got is not from the same people some of us here bought it. Mine instructions came exactly the same as the one posted here in color, they even include a business card if you want to contact them.

Here's the instructions that came with mine. Mine is from Top Sage also but my instructions are different. Maybe I'm blind, but I still don't see anything in the instructions about a 10A fuse.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z130/j3rmz731/20130905_090009.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z130/j3rmz731/20130905_090019.jpg

I also noticed that my red (acc) wire is just a wire end. There's no way it would go in a fuse slot.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z130/j3rmz731/20130905_0932490.jpg

Does this require splicing wires? I'm starting to think they sent me the wrong wiring harness and only a generic instruction manual since I didn't receive that colored one. I contacted them already, hopefully I'm not crazy.

Last edited:
Wait, you took the fog light assembly out without removing the bumper?? I have been wanting to remove that metal bowl in front of my fogs that basically makes them only aesthetic. Also, makes me wonder if I can use the fuse box to keep my DRLS from turning off when the headlight come on.
The two sets of instructions would make the LEDs operate differently. With the original ones, connecting the white wire to the headlamps and the blue to the sidemarkers would make the LED lights dim when just the running lights are on and then go out when the headlights are on. With the other instructions that say just connect the BLUE wire to the headlamp or sidemarker, the LEDs will DIM when the lights are on and be bright at any other time, but lit all the time (that the 'key' is on). Chris, you could just snip/disconnect your white wire to get that same functionality.

Here's the instructions that came with mine. Mine is from Top Sage also but my instructions are different. Maybe I'm blind, but I still don't see anything in the instructions about a 10A fuse.
I also noticed that my red (acc) wire is just a wire end. There's no way it would go in a fuse slot.
Does this require splicing wires? I'm starting to think they sent me the wrong wiring harness and only a generic instruction manual since I didn't receive that colored one. I contacted them already, hopefully I'm not crazy.
Seem like the other set came with a fuse tap (and fuse) that yours didn't. You can get them at autoparts stores. The other wires (blue/white) require splicing in both cases anyway.

Example fuse tap: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Last edited:
Seem like the other set came with a fuse tap (and fuse) that yours didn't. You can get them at autoparts stores. The other wires (blue/white) require splicing in both cases anyway.

Example fuse tap: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Thanks! I knew something wasn't right! I'm guessing I don't need that black box in my previous picture of the red wire? It has a fuse in it also. Hopefully they'll send me the right piece, otherwise I'll shell out a few bucks to for a fuse tap myself and leave a comment in their eBay review.

Thanks! I knew something wasn't right! I'm guessing I don't need that black box in my previous picture of the red wire? It has a fuse in it also. Hopefully they'll send me the right piece, otherwise I'll shell out a few bucks to for a fuse tap myself and leave a comment in their eBay review.
Yeah the 'black box' is a fusefolder, and you can reuse the fuse inside (if it's 5A, you won't need a 10A). Just go ahead and get the add-a-fuse from a local auto parts store, unplug the 'black box' at the bullet connector and plug it in to the add-a-fuse (fuse tap). Good to go.

Why would you leave a negative comment for this? Does it say you would get the fuse-tap? I would leave negative comments only if the LEDs didnt work or you didnt get the item. Something that's really wrong.

Yeah the 'black box' is a fusefolder, and you can reuse the fuse inside (if it's 5A, you won't need a 10A). Just go ahead and get the add-a-fuse from a local auto parts store, unplug the 'black box' at the bullet connector and plug it in to the add-a-fuse (fuse tap). Good to go.

Why would you leave a negative comment for this? Does it say you would get the fuse-tap? I would leave negative comments only if the LEDs didnt work or you didnt get the item. Something that's really wrong.

I'd only leave a negative comment if the wrong parts were sent, but that's not the case, so I won't be leaving a negative comment.

I apologize for derailing this thread so much, I promise to post pics and my review once I get these installed. Anyways, I received a response from TopSage and apparently they changed the red wire since the rest of you purchased this, probably to be more generic to mass distribute (for other vehicles) easier. Anyways, here's the e-mail.

"Due to there many different versions in worldwide, also come with and without factory DRL versions which circuit are different and may caused our LED may not working. So manufacturer removed that fuse holder.
Could you please connect by that attached wiring to the +ACC? Your work shop will easy to find out the +ACC. "

Any idea how/where to attach wiring to the +ACC? The red wire is just a plain wire end. Thanks!

Last edited:
Any idea how/where to attach wiring to the +ACC? The red wire is just a plain wire end. Thanks!
AGAIN! Just do the following and follow the other instructions as to where to insert the fuse tap/add-a-fuse:

Honestly? If this seems confusing to you, I'd really get someone else with car electrics experience to help (or do it for you). Muddling along on your own could have dire consequences to your car. No offense intended :)

Last edited:
AGAIN! Just do the following and follow the other instructions as to where to insert the fuse tap/add-a-fuse:

Honestly? If this seems confusing to you, I'd really get someone else with car electrics experience to help (or do it for you). Muddling along on your own could have dire consequences to your car. No offense intended :)

The old directions are not confusing to me. I was just trying to do it the new way since I figured they changed it for a reason. I've done minor electrical work with cars before, just not on the cx5 so I was just looking to see if anyone knew where the positive ACC wire was, and the best place to put the splitter.

Back