CX-5 Ebay Fog Assembly DRLs

Nis240sxt

:
2014 meteor gray cx-5 gt
Just installed these from ebay and they are excellent quality and super easy to install. Just make sure to get the ones from taiwan with the driver assembly. Hardest part was pulling off the OEM fog surround assemblies. Be careful not to scratch your paint when prying them off. I just hooked them up directly to fuse box per instructions and did not hook them up to turn off with headlights on. You have the option for that if you wish. Hope you like them.

20130623_183734_zps72399326.jpg

20130623_183725_zpsc1012129.jpg

20130623_183640_zps976bae46.jpg

THANK YOU for being a guinea pig for these, and for posting your experience. I've been looking at these for some time, but reluctant to buy in case they turn out to be crappy, low-light LEDs.

Would it be possible to take a picture at a distance with just the LEDs on and the front of the car in bright sunlight (so we can get an idea of how bright these are to use as DRLs?). I would REALLY appreciate it! Also an extreme close up of the LEDs themselves (LEDs OFF), to see what type of LED bulb it is and see the reflector design.

Thank you again!

Last edited:
Here's the pic you requested. The closeup pic of leds was pulled from ebay listing which is identical to what i have.

20130624_115713_zpsad476543.jpg
[/URL]

$T2eC16Z,!yEE9s5jGJ6UBRZeKJCelw~~60_12.JPG

THANK YOU for being a guinea pig for these, and for posting your experience. I've been looking at these for some time, but reluctant to buy in case they turn out to be crappy, low-light LEDs.

Would it be possible to take a picture at a distance with just the LEDs on and the front of the car in bright sunlight (so we can get an idea of how bright these are to use as DRLs?). I would REALLY appreciate it! Also an extreme close up of the LEDs themselves (LEDs OFF), to see what type of LED bulb it is and see the reflector design.

Thank you again!

Finally someone gets them, those are on my list to get next. The look great. Did you wire them up to be at the brighter setting?

Finally someone gets them, those are on my list to get next. The look great. Did you wire them up to be at the brighter setting?

Yes, they are wired for full brightness but can be wired dimmed for use with headlights, turn signals, etc..

Thanks for posting the 'full sun' photo. I'm a little disappointed in the brightness though... I'd want to be rewiring the DRLs to use just these and I don't think they are bright enough.

Ok question:

1. Were these easy to install?
2. Do they work on the GS version or do you need the GT version ? I remember reading something in one of the other threads about there being times you need the GT version to install some DRL.

I want these, but have been leary because of the above questions.

Thanks bro!

I have them in my GS, they should work in all version. Plan to disable the stock DRL and just use those. Installation was easy except to get the stock cover off and to remove most of the under cover under the bumper to run the wire to the passenger side. Will post picture when I have a chance.

Wait, you took the fog light assembly out without removing the bumper?? I have been wanting to remove that metal bowl in front of my fogs that basically makes them only aesthetic. Also, makes me wonder if I can use the fuse box to keep my DRLS from turning off when the headlight come on.

Last edited:
Have run into something for those that have installed these leds, I cannot find the brown/white wire which the instructions speak about.

Back