white cx5?

White with black interior is very practical color selection. The best body shops can match paint color for repairs if it becomes necessary.

anyone know if you can get the 2014 Meteor Gray with Sand Leather interior? I only see black as an option on the website.

I'm glad you said that as I've ordered silver, that will make three silver cars on the trot, boring I know, but I like to wash my car as little as possible, so about every 5 weeks is normal.

I ended up with a white GT with black interior...my car prior was a silver color (2004 Honda CR-V). I love the white when it's clean, but it doesn't stay clean for more than 3 or 4 days tops. I kind of miss the ability to go weeks without washing the silver car and not really noticing that much. Oh, and bugs have more guts/blood in them than you think they do. I can't seem to keep my front bumper clean. If I had to do it again, I would be STRONGLY considering the liquid silver. It seems to be the best of both worlds in that it looks great when clean, but doesn't look so bad when it's not clean.

DH got the 2014 Mazda 6 in liquid silver...so I see it in all stages of dirty/clean. Looks pretty good no matter.

My speed6 is silver & I wash it whenever it's dirty.
Too OCD to not notice the dirt & water spots.
My next car will be white. Might as well get a color I like if I'm washing every week anyways.
Also if it rains while car is parked, I just use Griot's Garage Spray On Car Wash to wipe off the water spots.
If too much debris is on the paint I use my pressure sprayer nozzle with soap dispenser.

Last edited:
My experience with dark blue (but not really close to black) on my previous ride was that it was easy to keep looking clean.
I did have to take care to wash/dry it properly (e.g. not just with garden hose), but I am pretty sure any color choice necessitates this.
However, sand interior was a big mistake, especially if you have kids / dogs. Carpet stains were easy to get, very visible and hard to clean. Best interior color is gray. I wish Mazda would have offered gray instead of black. The black looks nice, but it is hard to see what's inside the cargo area, even when parking in a shaded area or in the evening.
My personal choices for color were either the Sky Blue, Stormy Blue, Metro Gray or White. My family members objected to white and I did not want sand interior.

White with black interior is very practical color selection. The best body shops can match paint color for repairs if it becomes necessary.
When the side of my car was smashed into, I needed a new door and and besides this other parts were sprayed. It is pearlescent white and you can't tell where its been sprayed... though the body shop said it took them a long time to get ot right.

When the side of my car was smashed into, I needed a new door and and besides this other parts were sprayed. It is pearlescent white and you can't tell where its been sprayed... though the body shop said it took them a long time to get ot right.

My Lexus-partnered bodyshop has handled painting all the Lexus colors (including the pearl white) successfully with excellent color matches. Yes, I expect the Mazda-approved bodyshops to do the same.

I got a white after seeing how white does with my wife's X5. It turns white when washed!
My gray miata was not rewarding to wash because when it was dirty it was gray, and when it was washed it was gray. Not much different. I could go 3-4 months without washing the gray miata. :lol:

The best thing about the CX-5's white pearl paint is not only does it look clean (even when really dirty) but it changes colors in certain angles of the sun. I see a hint of blue and other colors in there sometimes. Plus the angles of the Kodo design shows off different hues too. I find those traits are best viewed around dusk when the sun isn't as bright.

Plus the White Pearl paint gives the CX-5 a bit thicker coat of paint too.

Latest posts

Back