My Second Mod: Mazda Key Fob Protector

agproject

:
2014 Mazda 6 Touring SKYACTIVE 6spd
Got some more junk in the mail. I guess you can say I'm a bit on the OCD side. I hate dropping phones so you can imagine how I feel about key fobs.

Packaged extremely well... all the way from China

Fits like a glove!

They make different colors. I wanted something very plain to protect my fob in the event of dropping. I already did this once, luckily they weren't damaged.

I purchased it on eBay

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Initial feedback: Item arrived in a timely manner, 5 days from China. They were exactly as described. Quality of material used was better than expected. The rubber buttons are aligned with the key fob, the jacket was cut to a perfect fit (not loose and not long). Logos looked identical to the OEM logo.

There wasn't a choice between this or OEM Mazda. Had there been one from Mazda I would have gladly paid for OEM with a piece of mind that it was made for it. These guys did a pretty damn good job for the $10.00 I spent for buying two.

Note - those are not scratches on the jackets, they are light marks that wipe off. I'm not sure if I caused it or if it came like that.

Talk about OCD...I made mine out of leather because I couldn't find any for my FOB.
image-71.jpg

Could have really used one of these, I ordered one now but too late have a nice little crack right above the Mazda logo from a little fall.

I must say, I ordered the black covers pictured in the OP and they are crazy bulky. Love the protection but absolutely hate the bulk. I wish I could find the white ones for the four button fobs.

I couldn't disagree more with husen's comment, ordered 3 of these (one black, red, blue) and these were great, exactly as described in the EBay site and high quality. The Mazda fob itself is admittedly bulky (wish it was smaller), but these protective covers were a perfect fit and added little to the size in my opinion (and a lot of protection). Highly worth it for five bucks a pop. Rampage

Back