How to wire LED Door Sills?

Thanks to Migkaspar & Ea5e and everyone else for the valuable information.

I found that using the blue&white and the brown wires, the lights have a long delay to switch off. Equally so when using the blue&white and violet wires the delay in switching off is almost instantly.

Question about point no.4 "cargo light now on tailgate" Can anyone kindly point out where these wires originate from or connects to the Rear Body Control Module by means of photo's and or color codes? I would like to utilize this connection point to add LED strip lights on both sides of the cargo bay and utilizing the corner panel covers as an entry point for any possible wiring to enable this feature.

When you say long delay to shut off, how long are we talking? Also, when you say switch off is instant, are you saying it doesn't fade out at all and just cuts off?

Thanks.

First, thanks to Migkaspar for a great and helpful installation guide. Updates for 2016 model:
1. RBCM location is same as 2013 (Behind rear LHS quarter panel, for both RHD and LHD variants). Most Japanese cars built for global markets are built primarily for LHD, you can tell by the LH filler cap! That is, everything is the same except for steering and dash
2. Wire colours are the same. Connector appears to have an extra set of (unused) pins, but just work on the wire colours
3. Seat release latches are now fixed to the body behind the quarter panel by a steel bracket with two M10 bolts (wide flange). Pry the panel open, and remove bolts with small socket. There is an additional 'S" shaped tag on the end of the bracket the slots into a hole in the body, so the bracket must be rotated away from the body to free it. Once this is done, with all other fasteners removed, you can swing the panel away from the body without removing the latch assembly. You need to unclip a cable ring around the harness and the seat release cables to do this.
4. Cargo light now on tailgate, not quarter panel.

Cable lengths for the scuff plates mandate that the cable for the RHS plates is run under the back of the rear seats to the LHS. Take care not to foul any of the seat mechanisms.

Thanks for confirming where everything is for the 2016 model. That would be useful info for me, when I decide to tackle this sort of project.

When you say long delay to shut off, how long are we talking? Also, when you say switch off is instant, are you saying it doesn't fade out at all and just cuts off?

Thanks.

The delay is about 10s after the dome lights go out. I elected to use Violet and Blue&white wires because it fades very fast and switches off instantly yes.

kiln said:
Question about point no.4 "cargo light now on tailgate" Can anyone kindly point out where these wires originate from or connects to the Rear Body Control Module by means of photo's and or color codes? I would like to utilize this connection point to add LED strip lights on both sides of the cargo bay and utilizing the corner panel covers as an entry point for any possible wiring to enable this feature.

Regarding tapping into the two wires that feed the light on the tailgate on a 2016 CX-5: I located them on the blue harness connector as Yellow and Blue wires. They are located at point 4P and 4F as indacted on the picture below. I modified the picture to indicate the location where they are to found on the 2016 model CX-5 with tailgate light, please note that the other wire colours might be different. I plan a write up as soon as I get all the lights and switches from the East, eagerly, patiently waiting......

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back