License Plate Location

ngd298

:
'11 Mazda2 5MT, '05 Silverado 5MT, '87 RX7 Sport, Grom, Ninja300
Hey guys, sorry to make a pointless thread, but I am looking for a specific post/thread. I saw a Mazda 2 with the front license plate mounted off to the side, and I want to fix mine up the same way, but I can't find the thread. I believe the car might've been red, and I think it was a North American model. If anyone can point me towards it I would appreciate it. :)

Btw- it was not a CS bracket.

There was a guy that posted in the builds photo section a few months back. I bugged him to post a list of the home depot bits he used, but he never followed up. Look about 20 pages back or so.

Check post #1015 in Post Pics of Your Mazda2/Demio, on this page about 1/3 of the way down:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123759908-Post-Pics-of-your-Mazda2-Demio/page68

That was me!

I didn't post a how-to because it was pretty hastily put together, and it ended up breaking after hitting one too many cones at autocross.

The way that I did it was by using the factory tow hook bolt, putting a washer on each side of the eyelet, and a metal bracket with a nut and bolt going through all 3. Took a couple tries to get the angle right, but it worked. I'm going to go back and buy some more hardware and try to make something sturdier. When I do that I'll get pics.

If you google "DIY tow-hook plate" you get a ton of how-tos from the BMW guys. Just take what they did and apply it to your 2.

Back